Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question for RineHart TD owners??

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 05:37 AM
Hombre
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Question for RineHart TD owners??

10,000 miles and only the purple tips. Love 'em! The sampsons sound a little "tinny" to me. I will always have some sort of Rinehart.

Old 06-28-2008, 07:57 AM
EdwardK
Road Warrior
Received 305 Likes on 226 Posts

I love the low tone of my Rineharts. No problems for 15,000 miles. They do chirp and rattle a little but I'm the only one that can hear it.
&nbsp\\;
If you let the tips go past purple, they start to turn to turn bronze. I&nbsp\\;leave them like that as a badge of honor. If your tips are still balck, you dont ride enough. That or your too picky!
&nbsp\\;
If you don't like the color changing tips you can always get the chrome ones.
&nbsp\\;
As hatman said, they're not too loud but really sound sweet and get loud when you romp&nbsp\\;on it. And the tone can't be beat.

Old 06-28-2008, 08:05 AM
ddwyer
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the Rineharts are the perfect balance of sound. Both my wife and I have them on our bikes and wouldn't have it any other way. This is my second bike with the true dual setup. I love them. However, if you're looking for loud, they aren't ear piercing.

Old 06-28-2008, 08:33 AM
buckwheat
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I told my dealer I wanted Rinehart true duals, they strongly suggested going with Vance &amp\\;\\\\\\; Hines dresser dual header pipes, then go with Rinehart Slip ons - which I did.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Their reason?&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; The same issue of the "cracking" where the header pipe makes its connection at the mounting bracket.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Call St. Paul HD's service department and ask them about this...&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
I like the sounds - its certainly not obnoxious, but its very strong and the low frequencies are great.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Thud, thud, thud, thud, thud....

Old 06-28-2008, 08:34 AM
BlkSilverado
Cruiser

Love mine...&nbsp\\; The tips bronze up, but they sound great.&nbsp\\; I'd buy another set....

Old 06-28-2008, 08:45 AM
07glide
Novice

&nbsp\\; Just my opinion, the left pipe did get very hot for my wife and myleft leg.. Wasnt a huge fan of the sound, not very deap or throaty.. I just put on the BASSANI True Dual Power curve w/ the megaphone, realyy nice sounding and fitting.. Just my 2 cents

Old 06-28-2008, 09:19 AM
1SG
Advanced

The only other True Duel I would consider over my Rineharts&nbsp\\;is the Thunder Header true duel system

Old 06-28-2008, 10:21 AM
Ultra007
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Researched 'em, compared 'em and bought 'em.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; I have the " latest edition w/ the new bracket design, new baffles and "bronze proof" tips.
I modified some turn downs to put on mine so I can't comment on the tip color.
Tuned VERY well, sound great and not as much heat as stock.
I would buy the same all over again but Vance &amp\\; Hines would be my second choice.&nbsp\\; Maybe not as much power but very nice pipes.
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
U

Old 06-28-2008, 08:21 PM
Corndog
Cruiser

&nbsp\\;Liked the throaty sound, but couldn't take the chirping. Changed to V&amp\\;H Big Shot true duals and love them.

Old 06-28-2008, 08:45 PM
lmb1485
Tourer

the first mod I had on my 07 ultra.got the chrome tips and have not had a problem.got a set of heat deflectors put on and enjoy the sound and preformance I get from them

Quick Reply: Question for RineHart TD owners??