Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rinehart purple end caps

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 09:23 AM
Bikeman65
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rinehart purple end caps

I'm planning to change from stock pipes in the near future. Very glad I read this thread regarding the customer service at Rinehart. I'd have to say the new warranty supervisor has pretty much convinced me NOT to consider going with any Rinehart products. Nice to find out the type of product support and customer relations to expect a company offers BEFORE making a purchase. There are far too many alternatives out there to knowingly do business with a company that does business like that - acknowledging that the part is defective and basically laughing at CUSTOMERS who miss the replacement window. At the very least they could say "Sorry you missed the warranty period, but since we acknowledge the part is defective we will replace it at a greatly discounted price..." Somehow saying "Pay up and get lost sucker" doesn't have the same appeal to me.

Old 06-30-2008, 09:37 AM
Neckball
Stellar HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Rinehart WILL NOT replace the end caps if you have had them for more than a year AND they require your orig sales receipt as proof.
1 year warranty and proof of purchase is pretty much standard with any company.&nbsp\\; Nothing out of the ordinary here.

I just contacted her last week and advised her my $1000.00 exhaust system is only 1.5 years old...............
I think you over-paid.&nbsp\\; You should try one of our forum sponsors like Eastern Performance next time.

Old 06-30-2008, 10:09 AM
scootertramp
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My black cap on the end of my 2:1 has turned gold! I'm getting a lot of compliments on it!

Old 06-30-2008, 06:22 PM
2d3k2h
Cruiser

Got purple end caps now ...Funny they match my Black Cherry paint just fine.

Old 06-30-2008, 09:41 PM
cms1528
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: copout221

Rinehart WILL NOT replace the end caps if you have had them for more than a year AND they require your orig sales receipt as proof. They readily admit the problem is their fault but WILL NOT bend the rules anymore since Karen is gone and the new warranty supervisor (witch) Linnea has taken over. I just contacted her last week and advised her my $1000.00 exhaust system is only 1.5 years old and she told me to pound sand [:@]&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;. I hung up on her and decided to replace the caps with chrome and be done with it. I have the old caps on EBay to recover some $$. THANKS for nothing RINEHART !!!
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Yep, I plan to trash my Rinehart pipes soon, they are junk and Rinehart should wake up and get their head out of the clouds because word is spearding fast of their crappy life span and consistant problems.