Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True Dual or not True Dual? That is the question.

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 01:58 PM
rocknrod
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: True Dual or not True Dual? That is the question.

ORIGINAL: jsimo7

ORIGINAL: rocknrod

Whatever system you buy - Stay Away from Samson.
Thats all I have to say.
Why dont you like Sampson??
They sent me a funny rear jug head peice. Not for the 08 or Something.
Not only does it not fit, it sticks out too far to the left.
Rides up on the starter bracket.
Alot of things. Cannot and will not be installed on this bike correctly.
However, Samson's comments?
You probably didnt install it and align it with all the fasteners loose.
It's the wrong pipe. Fasteners or no.
So REAL CUSTOMER SUPPORT after two wekks of talks with them.
Not!
They got my money. They can Choke on it![:@]

Old 06-26-2008, 09:57 PM
EastSideBikerTrash
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just went to V&amp\\;H True Duals last Friday and I am extremely happy so far.&nbsp\\; I had been running stock headers with V&amp\\;H Oval Slip Ons.&nbsp\\; I replaced the stock headers with the V&amp\\;H Dresser Duals and went back with the Ovals.
&nbsp\\;
I decided on the V&amp\\;H&nbsp\\;Duals because of the price, and&nbsp\\;bought them from Eastern Performance for $329. delivered to my door (ordered Monday, arrived Friday and&nbsp\\;installed&nbsp\\;late that&nbsp\\;Evening).
&nbsp\\;
I have not noticed any performance loss in the 300+ miles I have ridden so far.&nbsp\\; I love the balanced sound and not having to deal with the crossover pipe and the heat that goes with it.
&nbsp\\;
I did not remap and the bike seems to be running just fine.&nbsp\\;I had a DPS officer follow me for several miles.&nbsp\\; At the red light he pulled up next to me say how awesome my bike sounded!
&nbsp\\;
ride safe,
Dave
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;

Old 06-27-2008, 09:02 AM
SG Mike
Road Master

ORIGINAL: drrandall1

I went with the Rinehart true duals on my SG. I was totally dissapointed. Waste of money and not that loud. I installed the www.bigcitythunder.com baffles and now love my pipes. But then again I like em loud.

&nbsp\\;
You must like it loud because the Rhineharts are some loud mothers!

Old 06-27-2008, 09:18 AM
drrandall1
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: mcdowell25

ORIGINAL: drrandall1

I went with the Rinehart true duals on my SG. I was totally dissapointed. Waste of money and not that loud. I installed the www.bigcitythunder.com baffles and now love my pipes. But then again I like em loud.

&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
You must like it loud because the Rhineharts are some loud mothers!
&nbsp\\;
Installed them on my 08 SG and didn't think they were loud at all. Ever since fuel injection started with Harleys I think the Rineharts are not the same. When the dealer delivered my bike and fired it up for me I was like "you have to be kiddin me, those suck". My exact words. Now with my BCT's I love em. Only $89 more!

Old 06-27-2008, 09:49 AM
Paniolo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Over the past five years I have had ALL kinds of True Duals. Rinehart, Hooker, and Torres Cycle Concepts Kit (Same Thing as FullSac). One thing I found is that while the heat is lessened on the right side, it appears on the left side. I toasted my left side cover with the Hooker Kit. And while the sound did change, so did performance. This year I went back to the OEM crossover pipe. Now the bike is not as loud, and I can tell that it runs better. I am running&nbsp\\;OEM mufflers converted by FullSac.

Old 06-27-2008, 09:51 AM
Magos
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Comments on the Klock Werks Double Back Headers?

I thinkin about these for my 08 FLHX...

Old 06-27-2008, 05:48 PM
jagonza1
Intermediate

I put the V&amp\\;H true dual headers with the new BUB 7's I beat my partner with rhinehartsand the throttle respince was much better.

Old 06-27-2008, 08:53 PM
ddwyer
Tourer

Rinehart True Duals - only way to go. Gets rid of the heat issues down here in Florida during the summer.

Old 06-27-2008, 10:50 PM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: bob2002

I recently tried the BUB 7 system, one with the crossover & one without, I could feel the difference with the crossover, much stronger and it pulled cleanly. The crossover was a bit quieter at steady throttle but sounded about the same going thru the gears. Hope this helps.
Thank you.

I have had my (empty-walleted) eye on the Bub 7 duals w/crossover since they came out. A twin-cylinder engine really needs a balance connection between the exhausts. Without one, there may not be an actual loss of low-end power, but there will definitely be a relative one. This has been well-known for decades if not centuries now. I had suspected that with the greater internal volume of the crossover system there would be a mellower sound. That and the energy which is transferring between the two pipes at lower engine speeds is energy which is not reaching the outlets.

I do not get the true duals cut down the heat bit. There is still the same amount of heat being generated. Where is it supposedly magically going? As has already been mentioned several times in this thread, it is disappearing from the right side of the bike but reappearing now on the left.

Old 06-27-2008, 11:34 PM
BaldEagleou812
Cruiser

My bike left the dealership new when purchased with T-Duals and Sert. not one complaint here with heat or sound.I made this choice based on much research here before purchase. Read before you leap.Knowledge can be gained through an open mind and the patience to research. Take the time to read, read, read. this forum and the knowledgable riders here led me on the right path without my ever asking a question.
&nbsp\\;

Quick Reply: True Dual or not True Dual? That is the question.