Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Cams installed, NO POWER?? Wont rev high.

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 09:45 PM
jcboof
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: New Cams installed, NO POWER?? Wont rev high.

Yup,&nbsp\\; I'm pretty sure I'm getting full throttle.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; Everything was OK with the throttle before the cam change.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; I'm guess that I'm just so impressed with the bottom end power that I was just expecting top end power to match.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; I mean it has lots of grunt now but maybe only a little more top end.
I'll probably get it tuned next week and I'll let you know how it goes.
&nbsp\\;

Old 06-25-2008, 10:33 PM
rjmac53
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

let us know...

Old 06-26-2008, 05:42 AM
SeaHag
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You got this sorted out fast, so you didn't need my input, but I was going to suggest wet sumping as well.&nbsp\\; You have to be careful when re assembling and installing the pump to lube the o-rings well and not tear the one that fits on the stub, which is your return line.&nbsp\\; It will not draw enough vacuum to pull the oil out of the crank case fast enough and the flywheels swim in a bath of oil causing a ton of drag which kills your power.
&nbsp\\;
As for your top end...If you really want to wake up that part of the power band, you need to free up the breathing with head porting.&nbsp\\; My first engine incarnation had SE 203 cams...well known to be a low end cam\\; but the top end still made a DRAMATIC improvement after having my heads worked by branch flowmetrics.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;A motor can only flow as much as the most restrictive part.&nbsp\\; The biggest air filter, manifold, exhaust setups will still be cut short by poorly ported heads.&nbsp\\; Stock heads before 2006 were really bad.

Old 06-26-2008, 05:56 AM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts

Thanks for all the info on this thread. I'm going to be installing Andrew's 21G's in my '06 this summer, and this thread has been most helpful.

Old 06-27-2008, 05:49 PM
jcboof
Tourer

UPDATE:&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; I just had the bike tuned to day at the dealer,&nbsp\\; and I'm just a little dissapointed with the dyno numbers,&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; I'm currently running Hooker Tuned&nbsp\\;Flow slip ons with a Screamin Eagle AC and she came in at 67.27 HP and 78.48 TQ.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; Do these numbers sound about right though?&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; I was hoping for 80-85 Ft-lbs of torque and 70-75 HP.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;

Old 06-27-2008, 06:12 PM
SeaHag
Road Master

ORIGINAL: jcboof

UPDATE:&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\ \;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; I just had the bike tuned to day at the dealer,&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; and I'm just a little dissapointed with the dyno numbers,&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\ \\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; I'm currently running Hooker Tuned&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;Flow slip ons with a Screamin Eagle AC and she came in at 67.27 HP and 78.48 TQ.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\; Do these numbers sound about right though?&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\ \;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; I was hoping for 80-85 Ft-lbs of torque and 70-75 HP.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\;
That is in line with a stage I on a 88" motor....especially a pre-06 bike with the much more restrictive head flow.

Old 06-27-2008, 06:16 PM
jcboof
Tourer

Dammit,&nbsp\\; thats right I forgot about the heads on the 06.&nbsp\\; I dont know,&nbsp\\; maybe I was just hopin for more.

Old 08-27-2008, 11:42 AM
low loud phatboy
Intermediate

Hi, I had a Dave Mackie 95 kit installed on my 01 Fatboy last year. After about 3000 miles I noticed a lose in power. also noticed low oil in the tank. Long story short, oil is not returning to the tank fast enough. No oil out of anywhere. I'm installing a Screaming Eagle high flow pump and plate.
I guess my question is: As long as oil is performing it lube duties and doesn't run dry, what damage can be done by wet sumping? Crank runout? ? ? Am I missing anything?
Thanks ahead of time, for your time and input.........Robbie