Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hogtunes Installed

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 01:47 AM
Moosesultra
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hogtunes Installed

This afternoon I installed the Hogtunes Speakers I ordered from PEZ last Monday. Very Easy Install I must say and while they don't seem to produce more volume they are definately LOADS better in the sound quality department. I jacked the volume up fully and heard crystal clear audio insted of the painfully distorted cracked sounds that used to come from the speaker pods! I am guessing that is where I will notice the difference on tomorrow's ride. While I had the batwing off I went ahead and wired in the cables for the Lowrance iWAY 500C GPS. Tapped into a hot and grounded the black wire on the neck then coiled up the excess wire and zip tied it to the framework by the radio for a neat install. I ran the AUX Feed wire to the radio in the front through the batwing so you see 4" of wire going into the 90* jack adapter into the Aux port on the radio. Pretty dang clean I must say. Buttoned it all back together and voila! Looks good and sounds phoenominal. The GPS actually has a 10 Gig Hard Drive for storing and playing MP3's along with another 10 Gigs for street level mapping of the US. SO I get to use the GPS and MP3 player all at the same time while the audio instructions play through my Bikes stereo! How cool is that!?! Going to take the bike to Orlando in the Morning and Tampa in the afternoon for work tomorrow to test everything out before heading over to Daytona Wed. Will advise of my impressions tomorrow night for those that may be curious.
Have a well shared 1,
Moose

Old 03-07-2006, 01:55 AM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts
Default RE: Hogtunes Installed

Glad to hear you like the Hogtunes. I haven't ordered mine yet but when I do I'm going to install the hidden anetnna in the fairing. I'd like to find a small amp to put in the fairing or maybe the fairing lowers. Let us know what you think after your trip.

Old 03-08-2006, 02:17 AM
Moosesultra
Cruiser

Well I rode today for a tad under 500 miles and i gotta say my first impression was dead wrong! These speakers get LOUD! I found myself hitting the volume down button more than the up. My cruising speed runs between 75 and 83. I have Kerker Splip-ons. The volume bar spent most of the day under the half way mark and it was VERY clear and easy to hear. I don't know how or why they would need to be any louder. After the last stop tonight (Hooters) I started the bike and walked 50' behind it and heard everything with the volume at 1/2 mast. When Pez said i would be happy he was absolutely correct. My buddy was amazed. He wasted the $600 on the Harley amp and speakers. Mine overpowered his when riding side by side and he has rhineharts and a 95" motor.
VERY pleased with the Hogtunes. As for the GPS... I dunno what to say. I can't even express how impressed I am with this unit! It works flawlessly and is very impressive.
Well, I promised to review those two things when I got home and I am a man of my word. Now that I am done I'm gonna hit the sheets for a few hours and head for Daytona for a day of riding and whatever else may happen. Two things i know for sure... I won't get lost and not hearing the Radio will NOT be an issue!
Have a well heard 1,
Moose

Old 03-08-2006, 02:32 PM
twohats
Cruiser

Just curious,does the extra weight of the frt speskers make any difference?I am counting down the days to get mine for the 06 ultra.I like hearing the great remarks.I am getting too anxious.Have a great ride enjoy Daytona!!!!

Old 03-08-2006, 02:50 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

ORIGINAL: twohats

Just curious,does the extra weight of the frt speskers make any difference?I am counting down the days to get mine for the 06 ultra.I like hearing the great remarks.I am getting too anxious.Have a great ride enjoy Daytona!!!!
Yes, you can no longer steer your bike with the Hogtunes installed but you can hear the music great going straight down the interstate J/K. You won't be able to tell the difference with just a few ounces of extra weight. No difference than adding the light visors on your spotlights and headlight.

Old 03-08-2006, 05:43 PM
solisimo1
Intermediate

ORIGINAL: terryt1955

Glad to hear you like the Hogtunes. I haven't ordered mine yet but when I do I'm going to install the hidden anetnna in the fairing. I'd like to find a small amp to put in the fairing or maybe the fairing lowers. Let us know what you think after your trip.
terry check out this thread
https://www.hdforums.com/m_315147/tm.htm

Old 03-08-2006, 06:30 PM
twohats
Cruiser

Terry,you had me worried thought I might have to add counterweights or something .ha ha.Hey thanks for the input.

Old 03-08-2006, 06:30 PM
twohats
Cruiser

Terry,you had me worried thought I might have to add counterweights or something .ha ha.Hey thanks for the input.

Old 03-08-2006, 11:05 PM
PEZ
Tourer

Hey Moose

Im glad your enjoying them! Hogtunes is in the VERY fortunate position that our customers are our BEST salespeople! We take that serious and appreciate it!

You ride safe and email or call anytime!

PEZ

Old 03-09-2006, 10:31 AM
Moosesultra
Cruiser

Pez, You have my contact info. Don't ever hesitate to pass it on to someone in the Central Florida area that wants to hear your speakers in action. In Daytona yesterday My buddy ( Unhappy with his H-D "Upgrade" system) stopped in and bought some J&M's. I helped him install them right there in the parking lot. Long story short he has spent $800 now and has MAYBE one bar louder than I have after $200 spent with you. I was chuckling inside when installing them because the magnet weights on the J&M's were pitiful. I was gonna pull one of my speakers out and show him the difference but decided against it 'cause i didn't want to spend all day in Daytona at a speaker tent arguing with a bunch of factory reps.
Long story short... LOVE Them! Oh and as a side point ... at 95 mph riding next to a Dresser with Rhineharts wearing a 1/2 helmet you can hear Leann Rymes sing "Blue" Perfectly

Quick Reply: Hogtunes Installed