Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Female perspective on trips...what to bring

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008 | 07:39 PM
gambler
|
Road Captain
Default Female perspective on trips...what to bring

My wife wants to know what would other women recommend that she bring on a two week trip (other than the obvious).&nbsp\\; This will be our first long trip on the bike.

Thanks.&nbsp\\;

Old 06-24-2008 | 08:05 PM
thehueg
Cruiser
Default RE: Female perspective on trips...what to bring

How long of a trip are you taking both in miles and time?&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; Also, what part of the country will you travel to?&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; These will affect recommendations.&nbsp\\; We're headed from Boston to Yellowstone in two weeks and have done quite a bit of preplanning for this type trip.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; Previously two thousand mile type trips to Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, and P.E.I., among others.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; Wonderful riding together.&nbsp\\; Regardless of what you bring, take time for days with less than 100miles or perhaps none.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; We found enduro run type trips are not as much fun.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;

Old 06-24-2008 | 08:12 PM
bigdumbnoitall00
Seasoned HDF Member

bring old ratty clothes throw them away when the stand on there own and get the fedex #so she can ship a box to were your stayin.dont forget the chapstick and sunscreen

Old 06-24-2008 | 08:16 PM
iann8ik
Tourer

most motels have a hair dryer so don't waste space on that one.

Old 06-24-2008 | 08:19 PM
spam62638789
Advanced

Pack like your going through TSA security checkpoint.&nbsp\\; The Fedex option is something several friends wives do.&nbsp\\;
I use the take the old crap and toss it method.&nbsp\\; I'm getting new shirts when I get&nbsp\\;their too.&nbsp\\;All she&nbsp\\;really needs is a clean
thong for cruising Main St.&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
But they like to bring everything, give her a single bag (they always want more)&nbsp\\;that fits your saddle bags. Save room for the stuff you pick up along the way, they like to shop!

Old 06-24-2008 | 08:24 PM
bigdumbnoitall00
Seasoned HDF Member

throw out the old she WILL buy new on the way . dont bring to many bulky jackets if u get a chilly mornin the rain gear will work

Old 06-24-2008 | 09:31 PM
questor
Road Master

Don't forget her "freshette"&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; certainly makes things easier while on the road.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; &nbsp\\;

On Sturgis packing list for females.
&nbsp\\;

http://www.freshette.com/
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;

Old 06-24-2008 | 10:28 PM
psc
Road Captain

Wife and I take weekend get-aways all the time...longest trip was 5 days.&nbsp\\; Here's her tips passed from the other end of the couch.&nbsp\\; This is what she is planning for Sturgis (3 day trip4 day stay).
- Dump the purse...no need for one
- Dump jewelry other than what you can wear
- One leather jacket/vest
- Wear boots, pack sandals/sport shower shoes are her favorite
- Wear jeans, pack one pair of shorts
- Three pair of socks (must)/underwear/bra's optional
- Rain Gear
- One northern face or real good fleece zip up
- Ball cap or visor
- Small carry all&nbsp\\;make up/shower bag (one good can of baby wipes)
-&nbsp\\;2 small speghetti strap shirts
- pack/wear 1 long sleeve
&nbsp\\;
I am fairly lucky to have a low maint wife.&nbsp\\; We typically stay in hotels..get up early, do laundry every other day.&nbsp\\; We have a fairly good size pack on the back of the bike.&nbsp\\; We do our best to go light...buy if you need it...otherwise, suck it up!
&nbsp\\;
Good luck!

Old 06-25-2008 | 12:11 AM
FXSTDSE2
Outstanding HDF Member

I don't see a tour pak on the back so I don't think this will work. We both get a side, rain gear included, Leathers don't count. I don't shave on the road so I put my stuff in the shaving kit first and she finishes it off, it must zip! psc has a good list except I take 3 changes of cloths with 1 extra long sleeve T shirt. . Plastic bag so the clean cloths don't start stinking. shorts, shower shoes, sneakers. A small tent 2 man Walmart $15.00 strapped on the luggage rack just in case you don't make a motel. Over-night bag (SAC) rolled up,makes it a little easer in and out of motel and it can&nbsp\\;be strapped to rack at a later date. Open a UPS or FedEx account and take shipping labels to send things home. Now you need to check for cheating here, Un pack and load according, tool kit at bottom Day 4 3 2 Etc, Usually seems to fit more the 2nd time around but don't say anything or she will find something else useless to bring. Normally only have leathers&nbsp\\;flash light and 6 pack cooler in tour pak. Good luck.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;

Old 06-25-2008 | 06:55 AM
gambler
|
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: FXSTDSE2

I don't see a tour pak on the back so I don't think this will work. We both get a side, rain gear included, Leathers don't count. I don't shave on the road so I put my stuff in the shaving kit first and she finishes it off, it must zip! psc has a good list except I take 3 changes of cloths with 1 extra long sleeve T shirt. . Plastic bag so the clean cloths don't start stinking. shorts, shower shoes, sneakers. A small tent 2 man Walmart $15.00 strapped on the luggage rack just in case you don't make a motel. Over-night bag (SAC) rolled up,makes it a little easer in and out of motel and it can be strapped to rack at a later date. Open a UPS or FedEx account and take shipping labels to send things home. Now you need to check for cheating here, Un pack and load according, tool kit at bottom Day 4 3 2 Etc, Usually seems to fit more the 2nd time around but don't say anything or she will find something else useless to bring. Normally only have leathers flash light and 6 pack cooler in tour pak. Good luck.
Actually I have a detach tour pak, so we will be fully loaded. We are heading from Florida to Virginia, and maybe New England.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Thanks for the replies. Keep them coming.

EDIT&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; Sig pic changed.&nbsp\\;

Quick Reply: Female perspective on trips...what to bring