Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Female perspective on trips...what to bring

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008 | 11:52 AM
garyhendley
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: Female perspective on trips...what to bring

my wife has a separate case for her lady needs and we do the cloths roll up
saves room we are also leaving the 5th of july for a 1500 mile 8 day ride
safe riding

Old 06-25-2008 | 12:20 PM
adlerx
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: 2003FLHPI

bring nothing and buy along the way
This is easily the best way to go! When you buy enough to fill your bags, you've been gone to long. Go home!

Old 06-25-2008 | 02:43 PM
Weavr99FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member

&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Toupak:
coiled up in the bottom&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;is a full set of cables (1999 so I have 4 cables\\\\\\; throttle, idle, clutch, speedo - trust me, if you ever pop a cable on the road, you will find out how many dealers DON'T have them in stock).&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
HD tourpak nylon bag (worth&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;every penny)&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;- I can pack for 2 people for 7 days minus toiletries (t-shirts/long sleeve, undies, socks, extra jeans for each person).&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; flip flops can squeeze between the nylon bag and tourpak sides.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Tourpak top bag:
Bike cover, rain gear
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Saddlebags:
each bag, bottom half is for tools, oil, charger, tire plug kit.
top half of each bag, chaps, jackets (when not wearing), toiletry bags, small bag with charger cords (MP3, GPS, Cellphone),&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;digital camera, sneakers.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Little bags on the rear crash bars:
sunscreen, octane boost, bug remover, bug spray, rags, first aid kit
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
if need be, a roll bag on top of each saddlebag (I have the racks on top of the saddlebag lids).
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
We wear disposable clothes whenever possible and throw them away each day, so the load gets lighter, and makes room for bringing&nbsp\\;New stuff home - never had to mail anything.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; for 2 week trips, we pack for a week and do laundry halfway.

Old 06-25-2008 | 03:22 PM
sonic
Road Captain

Don't forget birth control pills, ya never know when the time will be right

Old 06-25-2008 | 03:47 PM
rickoshay45
Road Master

At Target and Wallyworld you can buy the sample size shampoo, deordorant and such.&nbsp\\; That way you may have to stop and get replacements every couple of days but it saves a lot of room.

Old 06-25-2008 | 03:57 PM
mattman22033
Road Warrior

I&nbsp\\;pull a&nbsp\\;trailer so she takes whatever she wants...lol

Old 06-25-2008 | 11:44 PM
trout31
Tourer

Geez you all sound like Martha Stuart Helpful Heloise and Oprah&nbsp\\;wrapped up into one. [:'(]

Old 06-26-2008 | 12:19 AM
Bluerose

I agree with psc's wife for the most part.
&nbsp\\;
Both of us have the same # of days in clothes and we plan laundry nights.&nbsp\\; We have it a bit easier with 2 bikes though and can fit 5 days each + quite a few extras.
&nbsp\\;
I take a pair of small tennis shoes like keds as well as Flip flops...wear boots...can't walk certian places in without some light shoes. My 2 pairs of shoes take less room then 1 pair of Hubby's [&:].
&nbsp\\;
I totally recommend the Switchback Jacket.&nbsp\\; Good for weather down to about 50 degrees and up to over 100.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; Better then a leather alone.
&nbsp\\;
Remember to be ready for anything....we did 3600 miles in 2 weeks and hit rain, hail, snow, wind, and a sand storm.

Old 06-26-2008 | 06:11 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member

Let her take what she needs,find room.It is worth the effort.We have to keep our women happy.Period!

Old 06-26-2008 | 07:58 AM
gambler
|
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Bluerose

I agree with psc's wife for the most part.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Both of us have the same # of days in clothes and we plan laundry nights.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; We have it a bit easier with 2 bikes though and can fit 5 days each + quite a few extras.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
I take a pair of small tennis shoes like keds as well as Flip flops...wear boots...can't walk certian places in without some light shoes. My 2 pairs of shoes take less room then 1 pair of Hubby's [&:].
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
I totally recommend the Switchback Jacket.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Good for weather down to about 50 degrees and up to over 100.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Better then a leather alone.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Remember to be ready for anything....we did 3600 miles in 2 weeks and hit rain, hail, snow, wind, and a sand storm.
Bluerose, I enjoyed your pictures of your trip.&nbsp\\; Very inspiring.&nbsp\\; I have a switchback jacket and agree completely that it is invaluable.&nbsp\\; I actually have two...the original and the leather version without the back armor.&nbsp\\;
Thanks for the tips.

Quick Reply: Female perspective on trips...what to bring