Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fuel moto/rush muffler/custom baffles

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 06:05 PM
patrol557
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel moto/rush muffler/custom baffles

I was wondering if anyone has the "jackpot"mufflers&nbsp\\; from fuel moto. if so a friend of mine was wondering how loud they are compared to vance and hines ovals?&nbsp\\; thanks

Old 06-24-2008, 07:26 PM
KSGLIDEGUY
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: fuel moto/rush muffler/custom baffles

Assuming that the Jackpot mufflers with Jamies custom baffles will be similar in sound to the Rush mufflers I would say they will be quieter. I have not heard of anyone comment on the Jackpot muffs yet so I figured I would give my .02&nbsp\\; You could always call Jamie at Fuel Moto if you really wanted to know for sure.

Old 06-24-2008, 10:18 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

I talked with Jamie last week and he said the Jackpots are functionally identical to Rush. After all, they have the same airflow characteristics because the baffles are the same. As for their similarity to V-H Ovals, I can say that based on my recollection of these that they are quieter. For my taste they are perfect for an FLH, especially one with a stereo, allowing you to hear it without strain. For me they also prevent the ear-ringing you get with louder mufflers after a long ride, which on tour can get on your nerves day after day.

I installed the custom baffles in my Rush mufflers last December and wrote it up here:

https://www.hdforums.com/m_2534631/tm.htm

I can say that the performance and sound are impressive, and for my taste they are a winner.

Old 06-24-2008, 10:57 PM
primdl
Cruiser

I took my bike to Jamie a couple months ago and had him install the Jackpots, PCIII, and air intake.&nbsp\\; First slip ons I have bought, and am very pleased with them.&nbsp\\; I have heard that the ovals are fairly loud, but these are anything but.&nbsp\\; Certainly louder than stock, but wouldn't overpower your stereo, etc.&nbsp\\; You can also get into the garage at night without bothering the neighbors.&nbsp\\; I think they are a good compromise.

Old 06-25-2008, 08:07 AM
barkster99
Tourer

Here's&nbsp\\; one more vote for the custom Fuel Moto slipons.&nbsp\\; I have the Rush but, based&nbsp\\;on above,&nbsp\\;sounds like the&nbsp\\;Jackpots are about the same.&nbsp\\; I think they're about $50 cheaper.&nbsp\\; I splurged and got the Rush with interchangeable tips.&nbsp\\; I'm also not into Loud but really like these.
&nbsp\\;
Tweaked Jamie's MPG MAP in the lower RPM/throttle ranges (not as far as you, iclick) and getting mid-40s with lots of highway riding.

Old 06-25-2008, 02:41 PM
glenprice25401
Cruiser

+1 for Jamie's setup.&nbsp\\; i got his June deal last week - pc3, pipes, and arlen ness air cleaner... and, i think it's a sweet setup.&nbsp\\; nice bark to it, but not obnoxiously loud.&nbsp\\; not a hint of that "bap" you get with certain pipes.&nbsp\\; and, performance-wise, it's a great setup.&nbsp\\; it really is the way to go.

Old 07-07-2008, 01:20 PM
llmotorcycles
Cruiser

I really like this setup as well. I have installed&nbsp\\;the package&nbsp\\;on several bikes and have had nothing but great results. I believe with the Jackpot mufflers the&nbsp\\;muffler body&nbsp\\;is slightly different, otherwise they&nbsp\\;are pretty much the same (except the price $$$)