Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Factory nav and xm ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 10:42 PM
Big Papa75
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory nav and xm ?

This question might belong in aother catagory, but here goes.
&nbsp\\;
How easy is the factory nav to use ? Can it be adjusted and played with on the move. Can you download custom POY's. I have a Zumo, will the factory nav be useless in comparsion to my Zumo ?
&nbsp\\;
Next, is the factory XM easy to use ? Can you program preset channels in it like the Roadie ?
&nbsp\\;
Thanks..........

Old 06-22-2008, 11:25 PM
fishcop
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Factory nav and xm ?

BigPapa, my neighbor has the factory and I have the ZUMO. He likes the factory but the screen is small thus hard to see and you have to have the CD in the unit, therefore you can't play a cd while navagating. I prefer the zumo but the factory is a cleaner install.He doesn't have the xm but I do with the zumo and believe it is the better unit, This probably doesn't help you. But I think it is more of personal preference type situation.

Old 06-23-2008, 06:42 AM
HOGinit
Cruiser

If you have the Zumo, I am not sure why you would want a factrory unit, They are overpriced and not nearly as flexible as the ZUMO.&nbsp\\; The ZUMO is the latest and greatest and far better unit that the factory unit.&nbsp\\; I have the&nbsp\\;2730 with XM and the XM is completely programable like the Roadie you just have one less unit on the bars.&nbsp\\; I don't think that you can download routes and POI data bases on the factory unit.&nbsp\\; I looked at it on my 08 Ultra and very quickly decided to stay with the 2730.&nbsp\\; I am not knocking the factory unit but for me the Garmin worked out much better.&nbsp\\;

Old 06-23-2008, 07:08 AM
hoz88
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Factory XM works great. Presets are there and everything works well. For $500 it damn well better work, tho!
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;

Old 06-23-2008, 07:38 AM
mattman22033
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the XM module and the only complaint I have is that in certain areas reception is poor...when that happens I use my Ipod. This winter, when I add Hog Tunes rear speakers, I will change the location on the XM antenna.

Old 06-23-2008, 09:40 AM
Big Papa75
Advanced

ORIGINAL: HOGinit

If you have the Zumo, I am not sure why you would want a factrory unit, They are overpriced and not nearly as flexible as the ZUMO.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; The ZUMO is the latest and greatest and far better unit that the factory unit.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I have the&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;2730 with XM and the XM is completely programable like the Roadie you just have one less unit on the bars.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I don't think that you can download routes and POI data bases on the factory unit.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I looked at it on my 08 Ultra and very quickly decided to stay with the 2730.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I am not knocking the factory unit but for me the Garmin worked out much better.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;
I don't have a choice on the matter, it comes with the bike, as well as the XM.
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;