Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

questions on how to mount wheel chock?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 12:01 PM
heavymetalthunder
Grand HDF Member
Received 608 Likes on 442 Posts
Default questions on how to mount wheel chock?

I bought one of the harbor frieght wheel chocks that were on sale. Well I just got it and can't figure out how to mount it. I need to mount it for use in the garage but dont have the room to permanently mount it to the floor. Has anyone mounted it to a piece of plywood or metal to make it removeable like a display stand. Or can I get some kinda anchors that are installed into the concrete that allow the mounting bolts to be screwed in and out of as needed. I saw a display stand at centarl harley for $80.00 that it would bolt on to but being out of work and basically CHEAP. I'd like to come up with a diffrent solution so I can use it.
&nbsp\\;If its bolted to the floor will it support a Road Glide enough so I can change fluids or install the SOOS floorboard extension kit I have setting here? Or does the bike need to be strapped down. I need a lift or a jack but the cash isn't around right now. Thanks for any ideas. Ride safe.

Old 06-21-2008, 12:56 PM
wafu321
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: questions on how to mount wheel chock?

I mounted mine to a piece of aluminum diamond plate and I'm able to move it to where ever I need it.

[IMG]local://upfiles/6846/8D2269A2794A453A8769B3B7CC89A01E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-22-2008, 08:47 AM
heavymetalthunder
Grand HDF Member

Thats a great idea thanks. How wide is it? looks&nbsp\\;good and &nbsp\\;stable. How much did it cost?

Old 06-22-2008, 10:20 AM
tyrant33
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Make sure you use the last set of holes (bottom)&nbsp\\;on the&nbsp\\;part that comes up behind the wheel. My buddy got that same one and thought that the second hole was the correct position, he was wrong and it hit and&nbsp\\;bent his fender.&nbsp\\;He has an eglide.

Old 06-22-2008, 11:15 AM
wafu321
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: heavymetalthunder

Thats a great idea thanks. How wide is it? looks&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;good and &nbsp\\;\\\\\\;stable. How much did it cost?
The plate is 30 wide X 24 long. As far as being stable the Dyna sits there with out a problem. You may want to add a couple of eye bolts and hook some tie downs to the bike if you are going to leave the bike there for an extended period of time. The plate was some scrap I got from a local welding shop and I ended up buying the guy that gave it to me a couple beers the next time I ran into him at the watering hole.

Old 06-22-2008, 01:02 PM
rocknrod
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: tyrant33

Make sure you use the last set of holes (bottom)&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;on the&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;part that comes up behind the wheel. My buddy got that same one and thought that the second hole was the correct position, he was wrong and it hit and&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;bent his fender.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;He has an eglide.
Some here had a post with a picture of their bike with it in the chock (bagger) and I think your right also.
I just wish I could remeber where that thread was.

Old 06-22-2008, 06:59 PM
desertclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

I live in a motorhome and have an enclosed motorcycle trailer, no garage.&nbsp\\; I attached my harbor freight chock to a 3 ft alum angle at the front of the chock, can use inside or outside of the trailer.&nbsp\\; I welded nuts on another angle and permantely attached that angle to the bottom outside of the trailer floor, use a couple of bolts and secure the chock from the inside.&nbsp\\; The only thing I dislike about the chock, is it takes a huge push to get the bike (ultra classic) out.&nbsp\\; I have&nbsp\\;two wood&nbsp\\;8 inch 4x4 laying in the trailer floor which makes the legs a little longer and gives that extra push.&nbsp\\; Have thought about trimming the rear chock cup to keep from having to push so hard to get bike out of the chock. I have been very happy with the chock and it works as well as my friend's condor chock and a lot less $.&nbsp\\; Now can buy more chrome.

Old 06-23-2008, 11:55 PM
heavymetalthunder
Grand HDF Member

I had read about using the bottom bolt holes for the front part. Thanks for the reminder and sorry to hear about your buddies ride. Thanks for the measurements. I'll have to see what I can come up with. Ride safe. HMT