Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

streetglide facia on Roadglide fender

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 09:21 AM
piggy
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default streetglide facia on Roadglide fender

OK OK I read every thread about how to DO IT. BUT theres no directions for DUmmys,&nbsp\\; I tried, now heres the problem, THE Brace that holds the fender, is to wide to fit into, the facia. DO i have to Dremal out the NEW Facia to make it fit? ALSO it seems from reading , that the light connects to the taillight, NOT SOME missing connector under the seat, is this correct?&nbsp\\; Thanks in advance to anyone who understands this gibberish. There were no directions for install with the streetglide facia,&nbsp\\; TKS GUYS

[IMG]local://upfiles/15218/559D47BC354948BC88999EE64B61E0A5.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-21-2008, 09:28 AM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: streetglide facia on Roadglide fender

A few folks here on the forum that did not want to DRILL used Heavy Duty Velcro and have seemed to wprk great for them so far...

Old 06-21-2008, 09:46 AM
piggy
Road Master

Pappy TKS &lt\\; yes i have the double sided 3m tape, IM talking about under the fender, where the facia hooks up. THE brace doesn't fit to it UNDER The fender??&nbsp\\; the side panels i plan on useing the&nbsp\\; 3 m tape, TKS

Old 06-21-2008, 09:48 AM
bagman1
Grand HDF Member
Received 54 Likes on 51 Posts

I drilled the 3 holes on each side. There is an unused plug on l/s of seat.

Old 06-21-2008, 09:57 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

ORIGINAL: piggy

OK OK I read every thread about how to DO IT. BUT theres no directions for DUmmys,&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I tried, now heres the problem, THE Brace that holds the fender, is to wide to fit into, the facia. DO i have to Dremal out the NEW Facia to make it fit? ALSO it seems from reading , that the light connects to the taillight, NOT SOME missing connector under the seat, is this correct?&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Thanks in advance to anyone who understands this gibberish. There were no directions for install with the streetglide facia,&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; TKS GUYS

[IMG]local://upfiles/15218/559D47BC354948BC88999EE64B61E0A5.jpg[/IMG]
&nbsp\\;
1.&nbsp\\; The facia has nothing to do with the fender brace that is already on your bikeleave the brace along.
&nbsp\\;
2.&nbsp\\; The filler strips portion of the facia fits outside the fenderon a stock SG installatin, there is a stud plate installed on the inside of the rear fenderbut you aren't using that approach.
&nbsp\\;
3.&nbsp\\; The LED wiring connector plugs into the TP wiring harness connector on your RG that is located near your seat/under the left side cover/zip-tied to the frame railexact location seems to vary slightly.&nbsp\\; But it will be coiled\\; cut the zip tie and stretch out the harnessit will have a black, three wire connector, male connector that mates to the LED's three-wire female connector.
&nbsp\\;
Good luck with your project.

Old 06-21-2008, 10:07 AM
piggy
Road Master

Pingman, Thank you, so your saying, NOTHING holds the facia, to the fender on the bottom? just pressure from the fillers being attached?? seems so simple yet, i have troulbe,, somethings i should learn JUST NOT TO TOUCH LOL

Old 06-21-2008, 10:14 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member

You should be able to test fit the facia on your fenderdo you see anything that allows the bottom of the facia to be attached to the rear fender?
&nbsp\\;
You should also be able to mock up the LED installation in the facia to understand how the LED attaches to the facia.
&nbsp\\;
And you should be able to find the TP wiring harness that provides power/ground for the LED.
&nbsp\\;
Rocket Jockey and Chicago Spike have done this installation on RG's and posted pics.
&nbsp\\;
Post pics when you can\\; heck, go ahead and do a write-up with picsyou can be the author of the "Installation of SG facia/LED for Dummies."

Old 06-21-2008, 10:20 AM
piggy
Road Master

Dummy is in the process of removeing the&nbsp\\; BARS for the quick release tour pack, THAT has to go thru the side panels of facia, to try and dummy this up&gt\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; Trust me nothings easy for a Dummy. can i borrow, a plyers, this nut is giving me trouble LOL ( relax im useing a wrench) Pipe wrench.

Old 06-21-2008, 10:35 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member

Piggy:&nbsp\\; Been there and done that with those brackets.
&nbsp\\;
While you are working back there with those brackets, I modified the front mounting portion of the brackets so that they were easily removeable so I could keep them off the bike when I wasn't using the TP which is about 99% of the time.&nbsp\\; The modification of the brackets was necessary in order to mount them outside of the black bracket that included with the mounting hardware that is used for the sissy bar and solo detachable tour pak rack.
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;

Old 06-21-2008, 11:03 AM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I also need some help from those who have done this install.
&nbsp\\;
Is it true that there are parts you do not need to buy if you are using 3M tape to install the fascia?
&nbsp\\;
I know a parts list has been posted on this subject. I would just like to hear it again.
&nbsp\\;
BTW, has everyone seen the overpriced parts on Ebay? Over $220 for a painted fascia and light! I checked Chicago HD and the parts are avaialable for around $170.
&nbsp\\;
Thanks you.
Steve

Quick Reply: streetglide facia on Roadglide fender