Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

streetglide facia on Roadglide fender

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 11:08 AM
bagman1
Grand HDF Member
Received 54 Likes on 51 Posts
Default RE: streetglide facia on Roadglide fender

ORIGINAL: sifularson

I also need some help from those who have done this install.
\\\\\\;
Is it true that there are parts you do not need to buy if you are using 3M tape to install the fascia?
\\\\\\;
I know a parts list has been posted on this subject. I would just like to hear it again.
\\\\\\;
BTW, has everyone seen the overpriced parts on Ebay? Over $220 for a painted fascia and light! I checked Chicago HD and the parts are avaialable for around $170.
\\\\\\;
Thanks you.
Steve
Since I had the Red for 07, the factory wouldnt paint mine since I wasnt a SG owner. It cost me another $150 to have it painted. Sometimes I wish I bought black again!

Old 06-21-2008, 12:05 PM
piggy
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Since&nbsp\\; they don't make a SILVER&nbsp\\; street glide in the USA I&nbsp\\; "THOUGHT" i\\;d have to buy ,then PAINT&lt\\;&nbsp\\; BUT&lt\\;&nbsp\\; the great guys at CHICAGO&nbsp\\; said they export a silver&nbsp\\; Street glide to EUROPE,and within 1o seconds SAID he could get my Facia&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; PAINTED MY 06 road glide SILVER&lt\\; NOW THAT GUY deserves some CREDIT, BTW still can't find a plug under the seat,&nbsp\\; Keep in mind i have a TOUR PAC plug there&gt\\;&gt\\; matters not since i can't get the&nbsp\\; TOURPACK&lt\\; quick disconnect BARS off either,&nbsp\\; GOOD thing i have a&nbsp\\; BUddy who i can abuse, TKS For&nbsp\\; the help GUYS (Y)&lt\\; us NOVICES can only learn as we GO&lt\\; TKS

Old 06-21-2008, 12:18 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Steve:&nbsp\\; Here's a thread on the subject.&nbsp\\; If you read through it you will find the part numbers you need:
&nbsp\\;
https://www.hdforums.com/m_1429324/m...tm.htm#1429324
&nbsp\\;
Basically, doing the 3M tape install means you don't buy the stud plates or nuts for the stud plate.&nbsp\\; Since you will install on an RG, your bike already has the 91140-04 fender bracket which I had to buy for my SG installation.
&nbsp\\;
If you need details, PM Chicago Spike and/or Rocket Jockey who did the RG installations.&nbsp\\; Good luck.
&nbsp\\;
Also, if the facia needs to be painted (Steve's won't since he has a black bike), the facia is available in primer, unpainted to save a few bucks.
&nbsp\\;
And, if I was doing it now, I'd use the tri-bar LED that is also a brake light in addition to a running lightit's about $20 more than the run light only tri-bar LED.