Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V and H ovals to loud

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 08:29 AM
UH60Hwkdrvr
Road Captain
Received 64 Likes on 16 Posts
Default RE: V and H ovals to loud

If you are looking for a performance slip-on to go with your True Duals, try a set of SuperTrapp SE mufflers.&nbsp\\; Good performance and only a little louder than stock.&nbsp\\; They sound good, but won't **** off the neighbors early in the morning or late at night.&nbsp\\; I have this set up and really like it.&nbsp\\; I don't like loud.

m.a.c.

Old 06-22-2008, 08:32 AM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

My V&amp\\;H Ovals are the perfect sound for me.&nbsp\\;

Old 06-22-2008, 08:33 AM
rodeking
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for all the info. I too have fired to many guns, run to many mx bikes, raced to many stock cars, etc, and my ears are still ringing.&nbsp\\; I love a good sounding set of pipes.&nbsp\\; Back seat babe says the pipes are quieter than the R hart TDuals on my RKC but the tone of the VH is a bit sharper.&nbsp\\; Rode an 08 with SE slip ons and they are quieter than I like but I could hear the radio.&nbsp\\; We are shipping our bikes to Seattle in august to ride back to N. Alabama.&nbsp\\; I think I will install the SE before I go.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; THANKS TO ALL.
&nbsp\\;

Old 06-22-2008, 08:44 AM
hogdad
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

&nbsp\\;2 inch B and E Superflows off Bobvic on Ebay. I agree that on the highway at touring speeds I also don't want a headache from the too loud pipes and having to crank the radio way up to hear it. The combination of the two makes the ride not relaxing at all. They are stock mufflers recored and sound super good throttle cracked but just right rumble at cruising. By the way they are like 150 dollars a set. if you don't like em sell em or send em back. Bob is a great guy. they are similar to V/H basics. Hope this helps, I've gone through 4 sets of slips before finding these.

Old 06-22-2008, 08:59 PM
shekmark
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

&nbsp\\; I have to agree with rodeking, because my ears ring constantly. I think mine is too many rock concerts and loud stereo. I had Reinhart TD's with "quiet" baffles on my RK, and we did 600 to 900 miles a day out to Sturgis and back. There were some nights on that trip that I could not hear when we were checking into motels, and even into the next morning. There was nothing quiet about those pipes. If all you do is cruise 100 miles or so, it doesnt really matter, but on those long rides, I'll take real quiet.

Old 06-22-2008, 09:07 PM
blueflht
Road Warrior

the answer to your q is any slip on&nbsp\\; muffler will fit your vance headers. i suggest a set of wild pig mufflers. made in the usa with slip in vaffles. 185$ a set!

Old 06-22-2008, 09:24 PM
UH60Hwkdrvr
Road Captain
Received 64 Likes on 16 Posts

A box of blue Hearos earplugs from Wal-Mart will also do wonders for your hearing.&nbsp\\; I wear earplugs most of the time when I am riding.&nbsp\\; Only on the shortest of rides (5min or less) do I not put the earplugs in.&nbsp\\; Gotta protect the ears from engine, wind and exhaust noise.

m.a.c.

Old 06-22-2008, 10:17 PM
bobros
Road Warrior

I ditched the Ovals for SE 64985-07A mufflers.&nbsp\\; Better sound for me.

Old 06-03-2009, 05:18 PM
erbdaddy
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I run TD's ovals on my Ultra 17,000 miles on this set they are now getting louder than normal ovals. My buddy is putting in the quiet baffles, gotta see how they sound. I can still enjoy the stereo at cruising speed without turning it up too much. I love the look and the tone but they could be a tad annoying to others as well

I run screaming eagles slashers on my Hertigage which are tamer but give a nice bark when you twist the throttle.

Old 06-03-2009, 07:26 PM
RE AND CHERYL
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Truman
I'm running the V & H ovals as well and I have to respectfully disagree with you...this exhaust is downright mild compared to the various brands all My buddies run...riding behind a Street Glide running the Reinhart exhaust is downright painful when he jumps on it, the pitch on that one makes your ears bleed.

If you consider the V & H to loud you might consider going back to stock.
You have a stock cam. A stock cam will make all the difference, aftermarket cams have more valve overlap which equals louder exhaust. My Ultra came with SE Touring mufflers which I loved the sound of. After I installed new cams the exhaust was way to loud at high RPMs on the highway and I've gone back to stock cans for long highway trips (I like my stereo), after my DD6 install I will put the SE mufflers back on.

Re'

Quick Reply: V and H ovals to loud