Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V and H ovals to loud

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 10:57 AM
HarleyArcher
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts
Default RE: V and H ovals to loud

I'll swap you a set of Rush with the 2.25" baffles in them off my 06 EGS.&nbsp\\; Probably about 4K miles on them.&nbsp\\; I love the sound of the Ovals.&nbsp\\; Bryan

Old 06-21-2008, 11:07 AM
CndUltra95
Road Warrior
Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts

&nbsp\\;I would really like to know how "loud Pipes Saves Lives"?
Was out riding the other day in the city where the speed limit is 30MPH, four lanes of traffic seperated by a grass median, when looking in my rght side rear veiw mirror I see a Road King coming up pretty fast, so fast that he blew past me like I waas standing still.
It wasnt till he was beside me thatI could hear his Thunder Header screaming away as he shifted into&nbsp\\; fourth or fifth gear....
Hmm me thinks Loud Pipes are......
Just my .02 worth on the&nbsp\\; off topic of"Loud Pipes"
&nbsp\\;
rodeking, sorry for hi-jacking your thread, but I have a dilema as to what pipes I would like to add to my bike as I live in a townhouse complex and dont need to wake the hood up when I go to work at 05:45 or on my return at 22:30 hours either, so I will be lurming around the dealerships and indi shops from time to time&nbsp\\;and listening for the pipe that sounds good to me.
&nbsp\\;

Old 06-21-2008, 04:35 PM
charlesk
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

took my VH ovals off for the same reason. Put on screamng eagle perf touring. Very happy with the sound.

Old 06-21-2008, 05:33 PM
Truman
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm running the V & H ovals as well and I have to respectfully disagree with you...this exhaust is downright mild compared to the various brands all My buddies run...riding behind a Street Glide running the Reinhart exhaust is downright painful when he jumps on it, the pitch on that one makes your ears bleed.

If you consider the V & H to loud you might consider going back to stock.

Old 06-21-2008, 06:17 PM
cirhere2
Road Captain

I run V/h Ovals and thought they were loud to but got use to them and like them now

Old 06-21-2008, 06:25 PM
Andy Engemann
Tourer

ORIGINAL: BEAST

It must be the true duals. My wife has VH Slip on Ovals on her 08 SG and they are perfect. She can hear the radio on the Interstate...if she's not too close to me that is. lol
&nbsp\\;
The Ovals sound perfect on the stock pipes. I have heard several folks say that the Ovals get much louder when combined with true duals.
&nbsp\\;
Don't know that this is true...just what I have heard!
&nbsp\\;
I have the ovals on stock pipes on an 07 RK and they&nbsp\\;are not&nbsp\\;loud at cruising speed!
&nbsp\\;
Andy

Old 06-21-2008, 06:29 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

ORIGINAL: Andy Engemann

ORIGINAL: BEAST

It must be the true duals. My wife has VH Slip on Ovals on her 08 SG and they are perfect. She can hear the radio on the Interstate...if she's not too close to me that is. lol
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
The Ovals sound perfect on the stock pipes. I have heard several folks say that the Ovals get much louder when combined with true duals.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Don't know that this is true...just what I have heard!
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
I have the ovals on stock pipes on an 07 RK and they&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;are not&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;loud at cruising speed!
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Andy
The true duals adds much more sound. Thats why I changed my V&amp\\;H classic mufflers. With the stock headers they good but when I went to true duals they were too loud.

Old 06-21-2008, 06:30 PM
bsps1111
Advanced

The "Loud Crowd" may not approve but Sampson makes a muffler call "Stealth" which is claimed to be 25% quieter than stock yet provides more flow resulting in increased HP and TQ over stock.&nbsp\\; Check out their website.

Old 06-22-2008, 07:53 AM
srf506
Advanced

Can't answer the technical question, but there is such a thing as too loud. I listent to my UC's stereo while riding and if I can't hear it, its too loud. I also don't like being behind the guy with straight drag pipes or no baffle exhaust. It hurts my ears, which are already damaged enough from jet engines and race cars. Its a free world, so you have every right to enjoy your bike the way you want, but a lot of other people are also tired of it and many municipalities are now passing noise ordnances aimed at loud pipes on bikes. Have fun and ride safe.

Old 06-22-2008, 08:05 AM
pingman68
Road Master
Received 142 Likes on 94 Posts

WHAT???&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Could you speak up, I can't hear you!!
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Seriously, I have ovals and true duals and I think it has a nice deep mellow sound.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I can hear the radio just fine, now if I crack the throttle they will bark, but most of the time its a nice "harley" sound.

Quick Reply: V and H ovals to loud