Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Conversation with the dealer about injectors...

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 11:31 PM
wnogood
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Conversation with the dealer about injectors...

I asked the local dealer about the injector issue yesterday. Much like the other posts, they will only do the upgrade if you are having problems, and, they have NO IDEA why so many bikes with the stock injectors run fine yet some barely run at all. They even asked their local rep and he had no answer for them. We ( the service manager, service writer, shop foreman, and myself ) surmised that there has been a change in those stock injectors other than what HD is letting on. Maybe some were made in this plant and some in another. There has to be a difference that the MoCo is not telling. We even discussed the possibility of some of the injectors being made in China and some not?? Bottom line is that not all stock injectors are the same...and...maybe HD knows what the difference is....maybe they do not....apparently, they cannot tell the bad ones from the good ones by looking at them or they would just provide some "Good" 8 degree injectors instead of the "CVO" injectors for warranty repairs....

nogood o~`o

Old 03-06-2006, 12:15 AM
bay13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Conversation with the dealer about injectors...

It doesn't suprise me that no one really knows the whole story. I see this all the time at the Volvo Dealer I work at. I'm a Tech and all you can do is what they tell you and in time you either figure it out or some times you make repairs by replacing parts or up grading software and have no idea what has changed, especially with software upgrades. The HD dealer not knowing about a tech bulletin is a dealer problem, they have access, they just need someone to keep updated on a daily basis.

Often the internet with all the inputs from all over the country will enable the readers to figure things out that someone working in the field in East Bodunk USA may not know unless they surf the internet.