Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TWO DEER 1, BOB 0...

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2008 | 12:06 AM
dabuckman
Advanced
Default RE: TWO DEER 1, BOB 0...

Glad to see you are fine and the bike isn't too bad.&nbsp\\; I've hit three different deer over the course of my life so far, luckily in a cage, so I definitely know how dangerous they are.
&nbsp\\;
Sort of a funny story......at least to me....My wife and I went to Daytona this year for the first time.&nbsp\\; Keeping in mind my better half is a city girl from England, we were driving across a long, straight back road one night heading to the hotel and my wife said, "Look at the stars, the sky is so clear."&nbsp\\; To which I replied, "I'm watching for deer."&nbsp\\; When we stopped I explained to her that I was more concerned with a deer, or just as bad, alligator, fox, rabbit, whatever, coming out in front of me 20+ miles from nowhere.&nbsp\\; Now we've just moved to just outside Denver and we have deer coming through the back yard daily, and she's more aware of the dangers of riding at night.

Old 06-20-2008 | 06:11 AM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member

As all the above I also am glad things were no worse than they were for you or the scoot!
I also agree with this:
Glad you're ok.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I think laying down the bike is a valid excuse to miss a day of work though

Old 06-20-2008 | 06:17 AM
prowler
|
Advanced

&nbsp\\;
Sorry it took so long too responded.&nbsp\\; My computer at home does not like the forum and takes forever to load up the pages.
&nbsp\\;
Thank you all for the kind and encouraging thoughts.&nbsp\\; I really appreciate that.
&nbsp\\;
I’m doing fine, a little stiff as expected though.
&nbsp\\;
ORIGINAL: TideRKC

Glad you’re ok.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I think laying down the bike is a valid excuse to miss a day of work though
&nbsp\\;
I thought about it briefly and decided to get back in the saddle and continue my journey.&nbsp\\; I think it was good therapy.&nbsp\\; Besides, I just love to ride and just had to do it.
&nbsp\\;
Weather permitting I’ll ride this week end before taking her in to the dealer for repairs.&nbsp\\; The adjuster will be in the area Monday.&nbsp\\; I’ll be out of town all next week so maybe, if parts are available , I might have her back though following Saturday.&nbsp\\; I’m not counting on it though.
&nbsp\\;
Again thank to you all.
&nbsp\\;
God bless,
&nbsp\\;
Bob[sm=shades.gif]
&nbsp\\;

Old 06-20-2008 | 08:01 AM
lecomte38
Tourer

Glad you are OK.&nbsp\\; Does your bike have ABS?&nbsp\\; ( If baby cows make veal do baby dear make deal?)