Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
old touring format
78.35%
new sectioned touring format
21.65%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Do you prefer the "old touring format" or the "new sectioned touring format"? "POLL"

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 10:13 PM
pilot1996
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Do you prefer the "old touring format" or the "new sectioned touring format"? "POLL"

All,

As stated before, changes are made with the interest of the users in mind. I received several PMs, emails, and read several posts regarding separate forums, many from the SG crowd. In truth, I was not originally for the split, but went for it after receiving multiple requests.

As stated earlier, I'm the guy that made the decision after reading all of those requests.

The board continues to grow and morph with time, if this is not a good change, we can undo it. To be perfectly honest, I'm good with it either way now that I have seen it with the subforums, I'm certainly not in love with either way.

I chose not to vote in the poll, as my vote is less important than that of the users, as the users is what make the forum what it is.

As for the FXR, it has been there for quite some time, and it has proven useless, I would agree that time has come to remove it...all I have suggested for this forum was to give it a little bit of a chance, see if it works, if not, it's easily undone, posts are moved back into the main Touring section and we can get on with it all.

Good?

Mac

Old 03-05-2006, 10:30 PM
Ice
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Do you prefer the "old touring format" or the "new sectioned touring format"? "POLL"

It seems to me that the majority does not like the new format. ( 80%).........I think the only sub-forum that makes any since here it's the "humor & games" in the off-topic section,which has over 100,000 posts...Obviously there are many here pretty pissed off about the Touring section format the way it is......hopefully you switch it back very soon.....Hopefully the FXR,AND the other sub forums found in the "classic" section will dissolve themselves as well......I understand you Mods,and Admin make changes as you wish,and it is your Forum to do with as you may,but without us members ....you have nothing. Maybe have a vote next time before major changes,and that should eliminate the arguments...Just my 2 cents.

Jon

Old 03-05-2006, 10:32 PM
sporty12
Cruiser

Are there any prior number of posts restrictions in THIS vote?

Russ

Old 03-05-2006, 10:34 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

ORIGINAL: sporty12

Are there any prior number of posts restrictions in THIS vote?

Russ

No restrictions.

Old 03-06-2006, 01:49 AM
lil_gmac2
Outstanding HDF Member

Man everytime Bountyhunter start a thread him get people pissed! He a trouble maker. But please ditch this new format.

Old 03-06-2006, 02:10 AM
SubZer0
Road Master

I would have to agree with the majority here. Put it back the way it was. they are all basically the same bikes the only real differences are fairing's and bag's.

Old 03-06-2006, 02:32 AM
electricuter
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I votted for old format,same reason what Matt8643 says!

Old 03-06-2006, 08:55 AM
bountyhunter
Banned

The "old touring format" has an overwhelming lead in the poll. The majority don't want to be segregated, so the message is now clear. Why drag this out any longer? Seems like it was a small minority that wanted a change in the first place. Bagger's rule together at HDF!

Old 03-06-2006, 09:43 AM
jeepster09
Grand HDF Member
Received 7,729 Likes on 1,259 Posts

ORIGINAL: Ice

It seems to me that the majority does not like the new format. ( 80%).........I think the only sub-forum that makes any since here it's the "humor & games" in the off-topic section,which has over 100,000 posts...Obviously there are many here pretty pissed off about the Touring section format the way it is......hopefully you switch it back very soon.....Hopefully the FXR,AND the other sub forums found in the "classic" section will dissolve themselves as well......I understand you Mods,and Admin make changes as you wish,and it is your Forum to do with as you may,but without us members ....you have nothing. Maybe have a vote next time before major changes,and that should eliminate the arguments...Just my 2 cents.

Jon
You say the majority 80%, of this number what does it represent in total membership? Is this the actual majority or just the ones that squak the loudest? I bet there are a lot of members that just don't care one way or the other, I don't care one way or the other, it seems so trivial. Should have a third part to poll for "just don't care".
[sm=deadhorse.gif]

Old 03-06-2006, 09:58 AM
bountyhunter
Banned

Jeepster, if ya don't care to participate in the vote, nobody cares. Why even post on the thread if ya just don't care? The point is, we have the choice to vote in the poll and voice an opinion. Looks like a lot do care! Check out the action in the "segregated" area, pretty dead since the inception of the new format.

Quick Reply: Do you prefer the "old touring format" or the "new sectioned touring format"? "POLL"