Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

painter (UPDATE)

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 03:39 PM
vindyl
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default painter (UPDATE)

Ok i have sent many emails and left a few messages last one i left was today with the secretary to have him call me. And still nothing!!!!!!!!!!&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I have the ***** of not comunication. The bike is done and I paid stupid me. But it needs a few things redone that are off a shade so the only way to fix this is reshoot it. They had the bike for a month and then rushed it in the end. So i feel he needs to fix it. Should I be an *******. And lay into him or be mister nice guy or simply file a case with the local distric justice as a first step to forcw him to pay someone else to fix it
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\; I just got a call from the shop owner and all is set for this fall or whne ever i want to drop it off for a bit. SO FALL it is. The whole bike will be reshot. I ask why he hasn't called me back before he said he was aware of how pissed I was. But after leaving the message today he called me from home.

Old 06-18-2008, 03:53 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: painter

I always try the Mister nice guy first....if that fails, then I go hard azz.&nbsp\\; I get in the car and go over there and have a face to face or what we call in Montana, a "Come to Jesus" session.&nbsp\\; Good luck, CCRyder

Old 06-18-2008, 03:59 PM
carpe_diem25
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd say have a friend call from another number about getting some work done and schedule a time to meet. Show up yourself at that time to confront him. He probably thinks that if he ignores you, you'll just go away.

Old 06-18-2008, 05:22 PM
winston chopper
Tourer

Lesson learned , never pay all the dough upfront. I never do and never ask for it. A reputable person doesnt need to get paid for what they havnt done yet. Go see him and threaten him.&nbsp\\;Punch his *** out!
Guarentee you will feel better?

Old 06-18-2008, 05:31 PM
garyhendley
Outstanding HDF Member

i agree you should only pay half down what about your credit card co should back you up
&nbsp\\;
dispute the charge

Old 06-18-2008, 05:33 PM
Tinkermc
Outstanding HDF Member

go see him you did not drop off the parts over the phone do a 1 on 1. don't forget to take the parts with you

Old 06-18-2008, 05:55 PM
vindyl
Road Master

didnt pay up front. Ok here it is I dropped it off april 28th told him it had to be ready by rolling thunder. At 1am the morning of rolling thunder which was may 25th it was finnally reassembled. But they were REPAINTING some parts that had wrinkled on thrusday when they decided it was time to start painting. I wanted my bike back so i paid. Now I just want him to fix it by reshooting it all from one mix not tryin to just shoot a few pieces after they get messed up. They had plenty of thime and rushed it in the end. I will try one more time to talk to him before I lose my cool with the shop. This shop has been around for many years and even done work for the owner of the local H-D&nbsp\\; dealerships personal bikes which he has entered in shows in daytona mertyl and a few other places.

Old 06-18-2008, 09:39 PM
vindyl
Road Master

bump
&nbsp\\;

Old 06-18-2008, 10:21 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Send the owner a confirming email of your telephone conversation and&nbsp\\;his commitment to re-shoot the entire bike.&nbsp\\; Avoids misunderstandings several months from now, etc.

Old 06-01-2009, 12:20 PM
erbdaddy
Advanced

I would get it in writing on his company letter head

just my oponion

Quick Reply: painter (UPDATE)