Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buddy Stubbs Phoenix, AZ rental experience - Never Again!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 06:17 AM
SeeMeDo
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've often wonder about the renting arena, guess you need everything in writing but it does sound like they where shaking you down, too bad now when someone googles them this thread will show up, good advertising?

Old 09-26-2011, 06:44 AM
Sandcrab
Stellar HDF Member
Received 392 Likes on 232 Posts
Default Nbsp

Yea, what does &NBSP mean??

Old 09-26-2011, 06:45 AM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

I rented a brand new RGU last January from Buddy Stubbs. I had no issue with damages, but they did a ****-poor job with the initial setup. The steering head bearing was waaaaay too loose, and the cigarette lighter didn't work.

Old 09-26-2011, 07:29 AM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Sandcrab
Yea, what does &NBSP mean??
Originally Posted by Spartacus55
&nbsp//; why do those letters keep appeaeing on all the posts?
Being that this thread is 3 years old,this site was having problems then.
Wierd letters and symbols were showing up.

Old 09-26-2011, 07:32 AM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I often wonder when I go to my dealer for service and they do the typical walk-around to record any damage before taking my bike in. Almost every time they miss something very obvious and I have to remind them. Otherwise I could claim they did the damage. It works both ways sometimes.

Old 09-26-2011, 08:28 AM
SixSixRider
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've considered Stubbs, but have rented 3-times thru Chesters (Mesa, AZ) - but this was thru the former HOG Fly-n-Ride program. I'm NEVER had a problem with them and they made it very easy; including a free dealer-to-airport shuttle van. I'm renting with them again this coming December too.

Old 09-26-2011, 09:07 AM
norgepa
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=harley0711;8862666]I did see by going back and reading the whole post - this is an old post - I would still like to add this.

From what I read, this was NOT a "Fly and Ride" I have done five of these, two in AZ , one in Boston and one in Alaska and one in Florida

A true Harley Fly and Ride is NOT done with the dealers bikes but ALL contracts and money is through Harley HOG...

This poor smuck rented from a private party at a HD dealer... looks like it worked out well.

everyone has a cell phone today that has a video camera in it.. Use it and save everyone the trouble this guy had.

QUOTE]

My recent rental was through a Fly -n- Ride from HOG. Complete with PIN. The program may have changed since your last rental. HOG only sent PIN and book stating participating HD dealers offering rentals. My financial transaction was through the HD dealer not HOG.

I like your suggestion of using a video camera or cell phone. Recommended suggestions for all. Thanks

Old 03-20-2012, 09:32 AM
AR-15 DEUCE
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had a REALLY big bad service experence there...went for a three hole oil change and they only put 1/2 qt.in the Primary..opps...I do my own now...also they were dicks about making it right with me...never go there for work...Thanks Jack Stubbs

Old 03-20-2012, 10:07 AM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 219 Likes on 167 Posts

Sorry to hear of your experience, I would never rent anything from Stubbs or Arrowhead and urge anyone considering buying a bike to especially stay away from Arrowhead. The sales people tag team you with unbelievable pressure to buy. Friend of mine bought a used bike from Chesters and they actually let you test ride bikes there! Only dealership Ive ever been to in this area that does inspite of the ' schedule a test ride' option on HDs website.

Old 03-20-2012, 10:34 AM
BigGelvis
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW, talk about resurrecting the dead! This thread is 4 YEARS OLD!!

Quick Reply: Buddy Stubbs Phoenix, AZ rental experience - Never Again!