Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buddy Stubbs Phoenix, AZ rental experience - Never Again!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 08:28 PM
shredder22
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If I was not clear sorry, my comments were towards Hogdvr.

Old 06-12-2011, 08:31 PM
aviator
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

3 year old post????

Old 06-12-2011, 08:35 PM
shredder22
Road Captain

Indy thanks for also pointing out the age of the thread, guess I did'nt see the fine print at the top left....lol

Old 06-12-2011, 10:40 PM
mikebaby
Road Master

Hey bmetdoc, way to resurrect the dead you assclown!

mikebaby

Old 06-13-2011, 02:18 PM
bmetdoc
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

People should know about bad experiences...if you don't like it, don't read it.

Last edited by bmetdoc; 06-13-2011 at 02:28 PM.
Old 09-25-2011, 10:20 PM
norgepa
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, I just went throught the same experience. Less the local uniforms. I wish I had read your post prior to renting. I wonder if there is a way to track or monitor damages reported by rental agency? I challenged stating the damage was caused by road damage due to road construction. Red Rock Loop Road (upper/lower). The rental agent didn't care what caused damage. He just filled out damage report and stated that my card would be charged damage. I called my insurance while on-site before releasing bike to shop for estimates. (I still could not visually see any damage). I could feel burrs in metal. The end of story is Insurance just settles and you will be charged your deductible. Now hearing your story I won't rent again.

Old 09-25-2011, 10:41 PM
mi2az
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fastbagger
I believe it. I looked into renting with Arrowhead HD in Peoria, AZ. They told me that if the bike is totaled or stolen that the dealer deductible pays the 1st 5k in loss, and i was responsible for everything after. I laughed and walked out.

Arrow Head HD has a very bad reputation and extremely unethical business practices. They are part of the Ride Now motor sport Chain here in the Valley. Along with Chandler Harley Davidson and Victory BMW and a handful of others.

Arrow Head HD wanted me to buy a bike by signing a blank Contract and they said they would fill in the numbers later. I also walked out. But I did not laugh, I told them to F themselves.

Old 09-26-2011, 12:34 AM
harley0711
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

I did see by going back and reading the whole post - this is an old post - I would still like to add this.

From what I read, this was NOT a "Fly and Ride" I have done five of these, two in AZ , one in Boston and one in Alaska and one in Florida

A true Harley Fly and Ride is NOT done with the dealers bikes but ALL contracts and money is through Harley HOG...

Each time I did a fly and ride. I took out my video camera and with the Person in charge of Fly and Ride, I recorded the bike all around, having any areas pointed out that were a problem and asking questions all the time.. I told the guy, this video is for both our protections and he agreed.

Never had a problem and all was well.

This poor smuck rented from a private party at a HD dealer... looks like it worked out well.

everyone has a cell phone today that has a video camera in it.. Use it and save everyone the trouble this guy had.

just my .02 on the issue..

Old 09-26-2011, 05:59 AM
Spartacus55
Cruiser

&nbsp//; why do those letters keep appeaeing on all the posts?

Old 09-26-2011, 06:17 AM
SeeMeDo
Road Warrior

I've often wonder about the renting arena guess you need everything in writing but it does sound like they where shaking you down to bad now when someone googles them this thread will show up, good advertising?

Quick Reply: Buddy Stubbs Phoenix, AZ rental experience - Never Again!