Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buddy Stubbs Phoenix, AZ rental experience - Never Again!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 12:06 AM
VicDawg
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Buddy Stubbs Phoenix, AZ rental experience - Never Again!

I'm with the fellas on this one ..... Call the MoCo and find the right VP to detail the experience you had. Did you get names, etc. of the individuals you were dealing with? Call the BBB, call the State Attorney Generals Office, they usually have a consumer affairs division. Don't let it drop or the dipwads will keep doing this $hit to others ...

Old 06-19-2008, 12:20 AM
fastbagger
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe it. I looked into renting with Arrowhead HD in Peoria, AZ. They told me that if the bike is totaled or stolen that the dealer deductible pays the 1st 5k in loss, and i was responsible for everything after. I laughed and walked out.

Old 06-19-2008, 12:53 AM
cmcsns
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: VicDawg

I'm with the fellas on this one ..... Call the MoCo and find the right VP to detail the experience you had. Did you get names, etc. of the individuals you were dealing with? Call the BBB, call the State Attorney Generals Office, they usually have a consumer affairs division. Don't let it drop or the dipwads will keep doing this $hit to others ...
&nbsp\\;
+1 That really sux, what a dick.&nbsp\\; I guess taking a video of the inspection is about the only way to protect yourself from some of these "nice, friendly" dealerships!&nbsp\\; Luckily (?) not all of 'em are like that (yet?) but it seems the percentage is growing.&nbsp\\; Lets just hope that the good guys that are still out there doing a good job for a fair wage don't burn out from the politics and call it a day\\; all we'd be left with then is some "Boutiques" that sell a couple of bikes!

Old 06-19-2008, 05:57 AM
Fishermanbb
Advanced

[quote]ORIGINAL: karz10

&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
a friend asked me if i wanted to rent some harley's when we fly to a thing in vegas, this makes me a little nervous, thinking about how to avoid such a thing from happening,
&nbsp\\;
Rent from LV HD on Eastern BLVD.&nbsp\\; I've rented there three times and every time has been flawless...They are courteous, professional, and no BS.&nbsp\\; I even saw a guy bring one back wrecked......They treated him well and took the bike right into the shop - WITH HIM - to assess the damage and do an estimate.
&nbsp\\;
Not all HD dealers are bad guys.....I'd recommend my dealer to my mother (She doesn't ride).......

Old 06-19-2008, 06:29 AM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

When I rented from them they did a walk around for damage and noted anything that was damaged. I pointed out a couple of things they missed and he noted them. When I returned it there were no issues. Maybe they have a new hard *** in the rental dept.

Old 06-19-2008, 06:41 AM
mcmaster68
Advanced

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. I just got back from a trip to Vegas and rented through Eagle Rider. They were much easy to deal with, cheaper, and still had a 2008 Classic. I would go back to them tomorrow over the dealership. ride safe!

Old 06-19-2008, 07:27 AM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts

There must be a written terminoligy of what is considered "damage" in the contract.
What does the contract state?
This all cant just be verbal.

Old 06-19-2008, 07:30 AM
Skulmn
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I want to know how you got a reply of "that size" to post?????????? Congrats....

Old 06-19-2008, 07:33 AM
hogdvr
Cruiser

I agree that all dealers are not the same. I'll also&nbsp\\;agree that maybe someone else has rented there and had a great experience with no hassles. I'll go as far as saying that maybe someone will rent there in the future and not have any problems at all. It could very well have been just the one guy I dealt with.
&nbsp\\;
OTOH, it seemed like a real organized routine that my wife and I were put through. Very practiced. Also, the idea of documenting prior damage wouldn't even have helped. The idea wasn't the damage itself, it was that we couldn't even agree that there WAS damage in the first place. They were alleging damage that didn't even exist.
&nbsp\\;
So here you are thousands of miles from home, exhausted and happy after a week of great riding, you come into the dealership expecting to sign some papers and be on your way in a taxi back to your hotel, and instead you end up at the dealership for hours arguing over whether you damaged their bike because they allege damage that you can't even see. Nothing you say or do can change their position on the matter, they are holding you hostage threatening you with the police, and they insist you must pay or else. So, after all that I don't care if it was just one guy or not I don't think I ever want to chance it happening again.
&nbsp\\;
Funny thing is originally we wanted to go&nbsp\\;Vegas to begin the trip but the airfare and connections were the issue NOT the rental. Now I'm real sorry about that.

Old 06-19-2008, 07:50 AM
Grover
Administrator Emeritus

Received 252 Likes on 122 Posts

Was it charged to your credit card?

File a dispute with the credit card company.

Stand by your position that the bike was in the same condition it was when you rented it.&nbsp\\; Burden of proopf for damages is on them.

Quick Reply: Buddy Stubbs Phoenix, AZ rental experience - Never Again!