Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buddy Stubbs Phoenix, AZ rental experience - Never Again!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 05:19 PM
Lincoln33
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Buddy Stubbs Phoenix, AZ rental experience - Never Again!

ORIGINAL: Bossman1

If u don't explain it.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;It won't look gud and TROLL will pop up!!!!!!!!!
TROLL &nbsp\\;

Old 06-18-2008, 05:26 PM
draythomp
Intermediate

I use Buddy Stubbs a lot.&nbsp\\; My brother in law rented from them last year for a three day trip.&nbsp\\; He got a softtail classic and it was an expensive but normal interaction.&nbsp\\; No problems with the dealer (other than cost)&nbsp\\; It could be they've gone down hill though.

Old 06-18-2008, 06:13 PM
AZCFH
Cruiser

they are probably the best dealer here in town or state of az.&nbsp\\;for that matter&nbsp\\;thats just my.02 never had to rent one from them but overall a good dealer and no i dont work for them...lol

Old 06-18-2008, 06:43 PM
hogdvr
Cruiser

Sorry. Been on the road traveling since I first posted. Back home now. Will follow-up with all the details later tonight. :-)

Old 06-18-2008, 07:09 PM
Boxer 6
Road Captain

Bought a T-Shirt there.&nbsp\\; No issues.&nbsp\\; I think Hacienda HD is a bigger and nicer dealer in that area.

Old 06-18-2008, 09:12 PM
ga4boats
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I rented from Hacienda - good experience plus 10% HOG discount.

Old 06-18-2008, 10:42 PM
hogdvr
Cruiser

OK, here's the deal. Planned a weeks rental to tour the Utah and Arizona mountains. Made all the plans in advance over the phone. Everyone was very friendly during the planning. Arrived from out of town direct from the airport and again everyone was very helpful and friendly. Checked out the bike and had no complaints. A nearly new '08 Ultra. Went over the bike with the guy and was very happy. Lot's of smiles, talk, and laughter about our planned route. During the checkout (for prior damage) I asked what they would be looking for in the way of damage upon the return. Very simple he said. If the bike is in an accident or laid down. They'd only be looking for serious/major damage to charge against the $2,000 deductible deposit I paid in advance. NOT normal wear and tear. I had the full insurance policy but you can't buy down the deductible for less than $2,000.
&nbsp\\;
Had a great week touring country I had never seen before. Met some great fellow riders and saw some great places. The bike was fantastic. Never missed a beat.&nbsp\\;All the issues started upon the return to the dealership.
&nbsp\\;
It became obvious once we got back that the way they viewed my $2,000 deposit was that one way or the other they were going to get some of it. They started going over the bike with a magnifying glass. Looking for anything they could to charge me for in the way of "damage". The long and the short is they came up with an "estimate" of almost $1,100 in repairs that "they" deemed appropriate. Of course my wife and I were standing there in disbelief. The bike was NEVER in an accident or down. We rode it hard and put over 1,800 miles on it but NEVER did anything to hurt it. I even brought my own microfiber cleaning cloth and Meguiar's windshield cleaner with me to make sure I could keep the windshield clean all week and do it without scratching "their" windshield!
&nbsp\\;
We spent more than&nbsp\\;3 hours "hostage" at the dealership trying to conclude the rental and be gone.&nbsp\\;It was really hard for me to stand there helpless the whole time and watch my wife nearly in tears. We refused to accept their position that we caused any damage. In fact, we refused to accept their allegation that&nbsp\\;there was any damage at all. They threatened us with the local police. Since&nbsp\\;our family is in law enforcement I wasn't really biting on this threat and told them to have at it. Well after a while 2 locals (city) showed up. They never even confronted me. Just hung around making a show of being there.
&nbsp\\;
I tried talking and reasoning with them but they just kept on insisting that they were going to charge me over a grand for the damages that only they could see. A "scrape" under the primary case a "scratch" on the foot board bracket, etc.
&nbsp\\;
Finally, after over three hours and after I stood up to all the threats and "talked" to the locals in blue who once I confronted them head on admitted that they had NO issues with me could I leave. &nbsp\\;Before I left, the "boss" decided he was willing to SETTLE all the issues if I would agree to a $300 compromise.
&nbsp\\;
Bottom line is it was the worst rental and last rental experience I will ever have with a HD. What started out as one of the BEST riding weeks of our lives turned into the experience from hell. No great ride was worth the hell that this dealership (Buddy Stubb's Harley Davidson, Phoenix, AZ) put my wife and I through when we got back.
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;

Old 06-18-2008, 10:57 PM
Johan96
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks for the info! I will never rent there!
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;

Old 06-18-2008, 11:40 PM
draythomp
Intermediate

Holy Cow!&nbsp\\; I totally believe you, but its hard to believe (if you can understand that). I've often wondered if some dealer would pull a stunt like that on a bike rental since they have already charged the card for the amount.&nbsp\\;I would have been tempted to just tell them to try and get the money and walked out. Calling the cops out when they outnumbered you!&nbsp\\;I may just bring you up the next time I go in there and rub your experience in their face. You should call Harley and complain about the dealer. They (Harley) take their reputation seriously and they might do something.

Old 06-18-2008, 11:56 PM
karz10
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

yeah, if that was me, and i had time to do it, i'd report em to the local bbb, the ftc, and call harley moco
&nbsp\\;
a friend asked me if i wanted to rent some harley's when we fly to a thing in vegas, this makes me a little nervous, thinking about how to avoid such a thing from happening, have to video the walkaround before the trip, doesn't sound like they got the magnifying glass out on the prewalk, just on the return, which would screw up any case they thought they had...

Quick Reply: Buddy Stubbs Phoenix, AZ rental experience - Never Again!