Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pull back bars on ULTRA with ABS

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 02:31 PM
navigator
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Pull back bars on ULTRA with ABS

I asked my local wrench about installing new bars to change my hand position and pull back the reach and he told me that I cant due to the ABS brakes.

This was the same response I got from my salesperson when I asked for steel braided brake lines up front to go with my chromed front end......can't due to ABS......

So the questions is: Does anyone one have a solution or know when you might be able to retrofit a longer line on the bars to facilitate the pull back bars and the braided lines up front??

Thanks, Lance

2008 Ultra

Old 06-17-2008, 03:09 PM
Bluerose
Default RE: Pull back bars on ULTRA with ABS

You can change your bars...If you are not comfortable doing your own work find a local independent...Depending on the bars you may need to buy extended lenth trottle and control cables, an extended clutch cable, and a new extended brake line (ABS rated)...I have Wild1 575s on my ABS Ultra.

Old 06-17-2008, 03:58 PM
Tinkermc
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm with the Blue Rose on this 1 check an indy or another stealer

Old 06-17-2008, 04:21 PM
navigator
Intermediate

what I am looking for is better hand postion, not turn in so much (my little finger goes numb on long rides due to outside pressure from the turn in angle)
&nbsp\\;
Also want 2" pull back.
&nbsp\\;
Nav

Old 06-17-2008, 04:36 PM
katmby
Intermediate

I put 2" pull back bars on my 08 street glide with ABS. If you need a longer brake cable then you can get a hydraulic brake line from a manufacturer\\\\\\; that is what my independent mechanic did.
the handlebars will have to be cut with the notches for the throttle.

Old 06-17-2008, 07:48 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,135 Likes on 1,798 Posts

If you don't want your wrists turned in, you can get the Khromewerks bars and they are awesome. You won't need any extended ABS lines, only clutch cable pn#38649-08

Old 06-18-2008, 07:00 AM
Peppa1
Outstanding HDF Member

+1 on the Khrome Werks Sweeper bars Part # 300515. No mods other than extended clutch cable. They are 1" pullback and 2" taller and have a great hand position and are already notched for the 08 TBW. No extensions to the TBW are necessary. Tell your HD dealer that. You can order them from a sponsor of this Forum (Warehouse Direct) and get the bars and a +4 Barnett (black) clutch cable for $100.22, they give us HD Forum members a 15% discount.
&nbsp\\;
Thanks DAWG for the recommendation !!!!

Old 06-18-2008, 01:25 PM
navigator
Intermediate

SOunds great and thanks for the info!

Old 06-21-2008, 06:20 PM
navigator
Intermediate

Need help with part number and where to buy a longer DOT approved ABS brakeline.

My shop insist that there is not enough room on the factory line to put the +2 sweepers, 6" wider and 2" taller, they say&nbsp\\;absolutly not enough stock cable for this. They are willing to try but I have to pay the labor to try and put it back if it does not fit.

Thanks,

Old 06-21-2008, 06:30 PM
tmblweed
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: navigator

Need help with part number and where to buy a longer DOT approved ABS brakeline.

My shop insist that there is not enough room on the factory line to put the +2 sweepers, 6" wider and 2" taller, they say&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;absolutly not enough stock cable for this. They are willing to try but I have to pay the labor to try and put it back if it does not fit.

Thanks,
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp \\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; These guys will make your cables if you can provide the length. They custom made a Barnette SS clutch line for me.
http://www.scootworks.com/

Quick Reply: Pull back bars on ULTRA with ABS