Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

23 inch front wheel on my streetglide

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 01:52 PM
Frankenbagger
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by meintel
This is how it works... People put the 21" on their bike to look badazz then they say they ride great. They do this so it doesn't look like they wasted all of that money for looking cool.
This is how it works... People keep the 16/18" on their bike because they wont buy anything that isnt out of a HD catalog then they say that any bigger wheels will ride terrible. They do this so it doesn't look like they don't have the talent/imagination/time/money to do something creative and be different.

Old 02-28-2013, 02:35 PM
jake78glide
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow the love the love...... My bike has stock wheels for now and I cannot WAIT to step up to atleast a 21". My friend has a 23 on his Roadie and I simply fell in love with it. Some of you might not have a taste for it, to each his own. I don't think you should frown upon us that like a bigger wheel. Isn't that the point of customizing and standing out in the crowd??? Otherwise we'd be a bunch of confused guys in the parking lot trying to pick out which Vivid Black is ours!

Old 02-28-2013, 03:42 PM
Eshaw301
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jake78glide
Otherwise we'd be a bunch of confused guys in the parking lot trying to pick out which Vivid Black is ours!
Sounds like about 99% of all the batwing owners!!

Old 02-28-2013, 10:17 PM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Frankenbagger
This is how it works... People keep the 16/18" on their bike because they wont buy anything that isnt out of a HD catalog then they say that any bigger wheels will ride terrible. They do this so it doesn't look like they don't have the talent/imagination/time/money to do something creative and be different.

BOOM! and the truth shall set you free...

Old 03-01-2013, 09:53 AM
Biker John
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default No eye deer

Originally Posted by ffdbrooks
I am still curious what needs to be done to put the 23" on the front of a 2007 Street Glide. I am open minded enough to know that everyone has their own opinions on wheels and how they think they perform. The individual that started this thread wanted to know what was required to put that size wheel on his Street Glide and so do I. So if someone with knowledge on this topic could give us some input on this that would assist us in this endevour.
Thanks,
Here's a link which might be of interest for some http://rampagewheels.com/pro-street-kit/

An FYI

Old 03-01-2013, 10:03 AM
Biker John
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Hogpro
Here is our Street Glide with a 23" Titan and our wrapped 23" fender along with smooth bottom lowers and a single disc conversion. Tdogg, shout out right back at ya!
That's a nice looking ride there...DAM! Least IMHO...is that raked to fit those wheels.

So we're looking at:

1. Two rims - front & rear w/rotors
2. Two new tires...metric I bet?
3. New brake lines & front brakes
4. New master cylinder?
5. Possible raking of front end?
6. Front shocks...changes...lower or stock?
7. Miscellaneous...Spacers...what nots...defined as miscellaneous stuff?

Just wondered...seen one with at least a 26 inch wheel and it stood out Alot!

PS...all due respect been following your product line for a while. Just a matter of pulling the trigger on something but feel the year in mind for my project bike is not the best of years...Frame wise.

Last edited by Biker John; 03-01-2013 at 10:11 AM.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:34 AM
jake78glide
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Eshaw301
Sounds like about 99% of all the batwing owners!!

HHAHAHAHA! Yea it's already getting old to me. I need some wheels soon!!!

Old 03-11-2013, 10:22 AM
CalypsoNotch93
Road Master
Received 98 Likes on 70 Posts

I've seen a BUNCH of bikes with a 26inch front. I wonder how that rides? Sure looks badass

Old 03-11-2013, 10:54 AM
jake78glide
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Blackness03
I've seen a BUNCH of bikes with a 26inch front. I wonder how that rides? Sure looks badass
brother, i just rode a rg this weekend with a 26......i will be completely honest with everyone here. i've ridden a 21, 23, and a 26 all in the past two weeks. i must say the 21 is better than stock by far. forget what the old farts say about their puny 18. a 23, wow, handled like a dream as the guy had some air suspension front and rear. the 26, no different than the 23. he said he did trees and a neck kit from hawg halters and got his stuff for a great price. he loves it and hell so did i. i let go of the bars on the interstate going 85+, no wobble and felt fine. now im contemplating of how big i want to go as my funds are limited lol!

Old 03-11-2013, 11:23 AM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by jake78glide
forget what the old farts say about their puny 18. a 23, wow, handled like a dream... i let go of the bars on the interstate going 85+, no wobble and felt fine. now im contemplating of how big i want to go as my funds are limited lol!
truth!

Quick Reply: 23 inch front wheel on my streetglide