Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

23 inch front wheel on my streetglide

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 08:16 AM
lkr0
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

your bike is clean -- I'm digging the all black look
Originally Posted by awmllc2000
I have a 08 sg that has a 21/18 setup. My girlfriend has a stock 09 sg. I notice very little in the change, other than the fact that hers looks like **** compared to mine!

Old 04-19-2010, 08:21 AM
lkr0
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by meintel
This is how it works... People put the 21" on their bike to look badazz then they say they ride great. They do this so it doesn't look like they wasted all of that money for looking cool.
Have you rode a touring bike with a 21/18 set up? I have this set up on 06 SG and 09 RG both ride exceptional; I put a minimun amount of non functioning accessories on my bikes--trust me if it did not enhance the ride I'd let everyone know.

Old 07-22-2010, 06:50 PM
Vile
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good thread

Thanks for all the info guys. This will make a great winter project. BTW, I chose to go w/ a 21/18 combo.

Old 07-22-2010, 07:04 PM
NE2I
Intermediate

Black bike looks sick!

Darth Bagger!

Old 11-14-2012, 10:08 AM
PistOnBroke2
6th Gear

I own a 2008 SG. I went the 23" wheel route ... no problems! I installed the Kewlmetal 10.5 degree rake kit (item 554), a BADDAD 23" wrap fender, 23" wheel / dual disc with AVON rubber. SG also has a 180 x 18" on the rear (FBI hub & spacer kit), BADDAD rear fender & stretched bags. On average I log 5,000 miles on the SG (two up, with gear). I log an equal amount of miles on my '02 Deuce (not 2 up). I have ridden both bikes to & along the Blueridge Mtn Parkway. I live in Nova Scotia, so I do have saddle time. Good luck with you project, you won't regret it. BTW should you consider a 26" it is a huge undertaking and in MPO should only be done on the newer style frame ('09 & newer).
Cheers,

Old 11-14-2012, 11:20 AM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

No need to rake the bike. Use an extra fork stop and some Progressive springs. Cut the fork stop in half and put half on each fork. Heavy fork oil too. You will also need a new fender. The 23 vs 21 question is a quandary for most but were it me I'd do a 21 and be done as I ride all the time as well and prefer a simpler upgrade.

That being siad many people want that 23" wheel for the added looks you get from it and it sure does look great. With the 21" there is no need to get a new fender and get it painted or change your fork springs and such although many people choose to lower the front end to compensate for the added height of the bigger wheel and tire combination.

Old 11-14-2012, 02:12 PM
tdogg
Cruiser

Originally Posted by ffdbrooks
I am still curious what needs to be done to put the 23" on the front of a 2007 Street Glide. I am open minded enough to know that everyone has their own opinions on wheels and how they think they perform. The individual that started this thread wanted to know what was required to put that size wheel on his Street Glide and so do I. So if someone with knowledge on this topic could give us some input on this that would assist us in this endevour.
Thanks,
I had a 21 /18 now I ride 23/18 and love the ride and look. All we did was change the fender and fender mounts. Added extra fork oil and my bike was ready to go!!! Spend the $ and Just Do It!!!

Shout out to Hog Pros!!! and Robert @ Hog Pros!!!

Attached Thumbnails  23 inch front wheel on my streetglide-harley.jpg  
Old 11-14-2012, 02:15 PM
tdogg
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Hogpro
No need to rake the bike. Use an extra fork stop and some Progressive springs. Cut the fork stop in half and put half on each fork. Heavy fork oil too. You will also need a new fender. The 23 vs 21 question is a quandary for most but were it me I'd do a 21 and be done as I ride all the time as well and prefer a simpler upgrade.

That being siad many people want that 23" wheel for the added looks you get from it and it sure does look great. With the 21" there is no need to get a new fender and get it painted or change your fork springs and such although many people choose to lower the front end to compensate for the added height of the bigger wheel and tire combination.
Whats up Robert? I gave you a shout out in my post!!! Teach these cats how to look good and be safe at the same time!!!
Peace UT BHFFBH

Old 11-14-2012, 04:55 PM
chainsaw123
Tourer
Smile

you know what opinions are like but I have one. I think the 21" look acceptable and I would do one if I had the cash. I think the 23" looks way too large. disproportionate to the rest of the bike. It is just not in my taste realm BUT, theres no accounting for taste. If it turns your dial, thats all that matters.

Pretty soon we will all have obama bikes with max of 20hp electric and only one color (black already seems the choice by most harley owners/LOL) and can only ride them 2 times a month as dictated by the great government for our own safety and the childrens of course!

So, do what you want while you can and ride safe!!

Old 11-15-2012, 09:25 AM
blazink5
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by tdogg
I had a 21 /18 now I ride 23/18 and love the ride and look. All we did was change the fender and fender mounts. Added extra fork oil and my bike was ready to go!!! Spend the $ and Just Do It!!!

Shout out to Hog Pros!!! and Robert @ Hog Pros!!!

Great looking bike man. Who makes that fender?

Quick Reply: 23 inch front wheel on my streetglide