Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pull Trailer, what's the deal?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 05:52 PM
Buster747
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Pull Trailer, what's the deal?

I am thinking about buying a small trailer to pull behind an 08 ultra for touring and/or camping. My wife rides with me and she wants to bring everything with her except the kitchen sink.&nbsp\\;Dose anyone have any suggestions on Brand/style? What did you pay, what is the manufacture? Also, any suggestions on hitches will be appreciated. Any others comments as well.

Old 06-14-2008, 06:13 PM
Moe55
Supporter
Received 62 Likes on 47 Posts
Default RE: Pull Trailer, what's the deal?

There are several different manufactrues for trailers &amp\\;&nbsp\\;hitches. Do some checking for yourself to see about size, price and availability. Try the section for trikes &amp\\; trailers in this forum.
&nbsp\\;
I have a Buchtec trailer and hitch. I checked around and reserched before purchasing anything. Very happy with both, really don't know it is back there. They are not the cheapest but in my opinion the best. You can spend a few hundred dollars to several thousand it is up to you what fits you the best.
&nbsp\\;
Moe

Old 06-14-2008, 06:23 PM
Mississippi Bagger
Road Captain

I have a piggybacker trailer.&nbsp\\; The opposite end of the spectrum from the bushtec.&nbsp\\; Only $600 brand new for the trailer.&nbsp\\; I put a neoshi swivel on the tongue.&nbsp\\; Am using a Kury hitch.&nbsp\\; Make sure you get an isolator for the wiring, that way if anything goes wrong with the trailer wiring it will not affect the bike wiring.

Old 06-14-2008, 06:28 PM
White Knight 04
Road Master

Couldn't help but notice the duct tape ...Did you have a leak???? If so is that a temporary fix???

Old 06-14-2008, 06:31 PM
Lpye
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Bustec and it pulls great.

Old 06-14-2008, 07:25 PM
a21m
Tourer

We pull an American Legend trailer and are very happy with it.&nbsp\\; Pulls great.&nbsp\\; I have to check the mirrors from time to time to make sure it is still there.&nbsp\\; It is that smooth.&nbsp\\; Higher end model, about $4000 when I bought it 2 years ago.&nbsp\\; Tons of room, they installed hitch and wiring.&nbsp\\; They are located in Illinois about an hour from the Indiana border.&nbsp\\; From Columbus Ohio it was a nice ride over for the install.&nbsp\\; www.american-legend.com

Old 06-14-2008, 08:00 PM
miacycles
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Just a safety tip, if you get a trailer make sure to take it out and ride on different types of roads with it loaded and unloaded solo. then two up unloaded and loaded locally before going on any trips. With the extra weight your stopping distance will be increased, and make sure your clutch is in good shape and adjusted properly. Hope this helps.

Old 06-14-2008, 08:03 PM
Tinkermc
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: Pull Trailer, what'

Bushtec makes really nice trailers and their hidden hitch is the best, call John Preston owner of Bushtec let him tell you about trailers

Old 06-14-2008, 08:40 PM
Buster747
Novice

Lots of good info, thanks and keep it coming.
A special thanks to BG Weasel

Old 06-14-2008, 09:29 PM
gambler
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I am building a trailer using the Harbor Freight trailer frame and a Sears XCargo car top carrier.&nbsp\\; I have gotten a wealth of excellent info from the "Hacked, Triked and Trailering" section of HDForums.&nbsp\\; Check it out.

https://www.hdforums.com/forumid_320/tt.htm

Quick Reply: Pull Trailer, what's the deal?