Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pull Trailer, what's the deal?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 09:49 PM
lucky520
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pull Trailer, what's the deal?

Aluma mctxl with Kury hitch. $2000 shipped to my door.

Old 06-15-2008, 11:19 PM
Mississippi Bagger
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: White Knight 04

Couldn't help but notice the duct tape ...Did you have a leak???? If so is that a temporary fix???
&nbsp\\; Nope, no leak.&nbsp\\; I added some LED lites.&nbsp\\; Duct tape is covering the wires until I route them better.

Old 06-15-2008, 11:58 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

Here's a link to almost every trailer mfg out there.&nbsp\\; This ought to help. &nbsp\\; http://www.aerobourne.com/motorcycletrailerindex9.htm

Old 06-16-2008, 12:36 AM
PDDGM
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I am building a trailer, using a cut down snow mobile trailer frame and large sears cargo box. Best I can figure will have about 400.00 in it when I get it done.&nbsp\\; Got to sandblast the trailer and then paint it&nbsp\\; and the cargo box to match the bike..Will post pics when I get it done....I pulled the Aluma trailer last summer and they pull sweet, just wanted a little more room and less money tied up in something that will sit more than get used, Check ebay, there are some good deals on there from time to time.
&nbsp\\;
Joe

Old 06-16-2008, 06:41 AM
Windup08
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Pull Trailer, what'

I have a Bushtec Roadstar trailer, the Bushtec hitch, and wiring harness with isolator relay.&nbsp\\; I've pulled it behind 2 other bikes, have it set up to pull behind the 08 Ultra, but haven't actually used it yet as weather hear has been really screwy this spring.

Old 06-16-2008, 06:41 AM
Jinks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm selling a Uni-Go trailer.&nbsp\\; You can see them at www.uni-go.com&nbsp\\; I'm in Daytona.&nbsp\\; LMK if you're interested.&nbsp\\; I'd post more info if the site would let me.

Old 06-16-2008, 07:47 AM
FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Jinks

I'm selling a Uni-Go trailer. \\\\\\; You can see them at www.uni-go.com \\\\\\; I'm in Daytona. \\\\\\; LMK if you're interested. \\\\\\; I'd post more info if the site would let me.
Are you selling because of this

WE NO LONGER SELL UNI-GO TRAILERS
Tour Uni-go Motorcycle Accessories no longer sells the Uni-Go motorcycle trailer. This decision is due to our concerns regarding product quality, delivery reliability and general loss of confidence in the manufacturer. We thank the many, many folks who have contacted us from all over the United States and Canada to discuss this product.

Old 06-16-2008, 06:40 PM
gman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

got a bushtec trailer and hidden hitch on my UC and it is great, especially on the long rides, and even in the twisties.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I also got their mudflap for the hidden hitch which helps a lot with preventing rocks from hitting the trailer from the rear tire.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;

Old 06-16-2008, 08:25 PM
ctmedic
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Buster
&nbsp\\;
You can spend alot of money for a trailer and hitch and be quite happy. There are many manufatuers out there as many here have said. If your looking at somthing to pull maybe 2 or 3 times a year for long weekends away or camping I would sugest the piggybacker trailer. $600 and its actually quite nice for the price. You can get them off Ebay. Ebay also has many motorcycle trailers for some good deals.
&nbsp\\;
As for a hitch. I have a hitch from www.mchitch.com I,m quite happy with its fitment and best of all price. Hardly even see it when I remove the receiver. They also offer wiring isolator units for your bike, as well as all in one units with the plugs already wired on.
&nbsp\\;
I have pulled both a piggybacker style (homemade from a Harbor Frieght with&nbsp\\;a car topper) to a 300lb 2 person camper, that i presently pull, because the wife hates sleeping in a tent on the ground.
&nbsp\\;
good luck
&nbsp\\;
Frank

Old 06-16-2008, 09:12 PM
Moonrunner
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a Motorvation Trailer http://www.motorvation.com/mepg3.htm&nbsp\\;
I haven't towed it a lot yet but the Grand National 14 I have only weighs about 120 lbs empty and has Harley style fenders and turn signals.&nbsp\\; It tows pretty easliy at about 1/2 the price of many I see on-line.

Quick Reply: Pull Trailer, what's the deal?