Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Ultra...Kickstand

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 09:41 PM
socalmoe
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got sick of that ****y design flaw (IMHO), finally got a center stand. Cannot believe the amount of movement once the k/s is set; too much weight shifting.

Old 10-14-2008, 09:45 PM
skykingFLHTCU
Tourer

just make sure it is all the forward and you can trust it. You will get used to it and once it is locked in it will not move.

Old 10-14-2008, 10:15 PM
ezryder62881
Tourer

'08 Ultra, I finally got used to it, but it took all summer.

Old 10-14-2008, 10:23 PM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,296 Likes on 483 Posts

Originally Posted by socalmoe
Got sick of that ****y design flaw (IMHO), finally got a center stand. Cannot believe the amount of movement once the k/s is set; too much weight shifting.
Design flaw??!! HD barge stands have been the best stands since Moses peed in the Nile. They lock in place and the bike can't roll off, even on the steepest down hill slope. Nobody else makes a stand as good.

Old 10-14-2008, 11:44 PM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Hehe, i chuckled when I saw the title of this post cuz I already knew what it was gonna be about. I remember the same feeling when I first got my bike. That paranoia cuz it just looks like it's gonna fold up and fall over! The day after I got it I rode it to work and I remember standing there watching it for like 5 minutes wondering if it was gonna fall over, lol.

That's just how it is and it works great. Get used to it. Mine's never fallen over even on downhill inclines so rest easy.

Old 10-14-2008, 11:53 PM
cruise_carter
Road Captain
Received 39 Likes on 13 Posts

Harley's have the strongest stands I've ever used, don't sweat it.
Have been riding Harleys since the mid 70's and they have always been strong.

Had a bunch of other bikes and if you want to see and use a crappy stand, try a BMW. Most models of BMW have a lockout switch on the sidestand to prevent starting. The reason is that if you ever started a Beemer and idled it on the sidestand, soon the bike would be laying on it's side.

With the Harley, you could park it on a bit of a downgrade, fire it up and it would hold.

No worries..

Old 10-15-2008, 12:28 AM
Bad Pig
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well i have yet to read of anyones bike falling over from it. its a great stand....get used to it so we can start complainin about how the wheels go round and round.

Old 10-15-2008, 08:54 PM
Lone Wolf In Canada
Intermediate

LOL! I'm glad it's not just me.
My 08 Classic barely comes down straight then when you let go of the bars it does that little move forward thing!
I did the same as some others... back to the dealership to have them check it. The service guy showed me how they move them around in the basement storage area... turning them just on the kickstand, I almost passed out. I still worry even though I know it's working correctly, I just don't keep looking back as many times.

Old 10-15-2008, 09:49 PM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

[quote= i couldn't believe there were no safety switches on a harley. I just about tipped over my new bike in my driveway with less than 110 miles on it, but the kickstand saved it.[/quote]

safety switches!!!!!????? Safety switches!!!!!?????? Sheeeeeeeesh!!!

Old 12-28-2008, 05:18 AM
nolafishr
Banned

That caught me when I First got the Bike, I thought it was going over, I still keep an Eye on it and My Dad Still freaks out on it when I go over to His House. No Problems so Far!

Quick Reply: HD Ultra...Kickstand