Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Ultra...Kickstand

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 09:23 AM
tima
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Know what you mean. I got used to it. Still feel like the darned thing is going over at times.

Old 10-14-2008, 11:38 AM
Lroberts4
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rode my first harley at a factory demo days, ride went great, stopped in the line, kickstand down, bike down, bike rolled foward - heart stopped (just knew would fall over w wife on back in front of a large audience) - bike stoppped - heart restarted. Purchased my first harley about a month later. Still wont go to demo days - cost too much $.

Old 10-14-2008, 11:50 AM
zoozoo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 31,026 Likes on 8,339 Posts

Originally Posted by 2005UltraNC
Look at the kickstand on the 2009 Ultra - looks more sturdy. Anyone know if the 09 will fit say an 05 Ultra?
You've got the best kickstand ever devised by mankind. Kick it all the way out and lean it over. It ain't going no where. You'll get use to it.

Old 10-14-2008, 12:22 PM
Javawave
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

still bothers me to this day, although I am getting a little more trusting of it.

Old 10-14-2008, 01:09 PM
soundman
Road Captain

It's not going anywhere. Just focus your attention on people's reaction when they think it's getting ready to fall over. The look on their faces is priceless.

Old 10-14-2008, 02:25 PM
Scorpion07
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by earlehd
I took mine off, heated it with a torch while held in a vice, rotated kickstand forward. Now bike does not roll forward after setting down kickstand.
Don't know if that was such a good idea. These stands take a hell of a lot of stress with all the weight. You may have changed the structure of the metal by putting enough heat to it to bend it, especially if they're heat treated to begin with?

Old 10-14-2008, 02:53 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

You'll get used to it. I think we all went through that phase. Sometimes folks standing by watching say, "Is that safe?" I just smile and say, "I hope so, it's been doing that since day 1"....

Old 10-14-2008, 06:05 PM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts

I leave bike in first when I shut it down, let out clutch, set on kickstand, bike doesn't roll.

I tried turning handlebars as suggested, but then found it hard to get off and back on with handlebars at full lock.

Old 10-14-2008, 06:54 PM
Nitzo
Cruiser

Originally Posted by soundman
It's not going anywhere. Just focus your attention on people's reaction when they think it's getting ready to fall over. The look on their faces is priceless.

LOL.......so true. This is my first Harley. When I was demo'ing bikes, everytime I got off one I would reach for it, lol. The salesman kept telling me, don't worry, its ok. When I get off mine now, I look down to make sure the cam thing is in place and walk away......Lol, I've seen people go to reach for it thinking it's falling.. I do have to say, after owning 50 bikes, this is the best stand I've seen.

Old 10-14-2008, 07:22 PM
spizzyman
Road Master

I love this stand. The fact that it locks gives me peace of mind when crossing the Sound on a ferry boat headed to Friday Harbor. my VTX did not lock and I always wondered if a jolt would send the bike toppling over. The only thing I miss is the kick stand on the Honda would act as a kill switch when put down while the bike was running and in gear. I got to rely on that and nearly sent the Ultra through the back of the garage when I got it home. Lucky for me I thought it through before taking my hand off the clutch. LOL.

spiz

Quick Reply: HD Ultra...Kickstand