Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Changing luggage racks

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 12:55 PM
HDHoosier
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changing luggage racks

I bought an '03 Ultra a couple of years ago and it came with the small "show" luggage rack.&nbsp\\; After a couple of road it is evident that I need the larger luggage rack, the small one is nice looking but really serves no purpose.
&nbsp\\;
Has anyone had the expirence of altering the small rack or switching to the larger one?&nbsp\\; If so how did you make the old holes as inconspicuous as possible?
&nbsp\\;
Thanks

Old 06-13-2008, 01:21 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts
Default RE: Changing luggage racks

If the holes are in the lid's recess, you can check-out two HD decorative trim items in the HD paper catalog or at HD's website:&nbsp\\; one is the chrome/leather accent panel, PN 53911-01\\; and, the other is from the Wing collection, but didn't see a PN or pic in the current catalog.
&nbsp\\;
If the holes are outside the lid recess, HD offered a pair of chrome spears last year\\; don't know if they are still in the catalog or notI bought them to cover the holes from the premium TP rack I removed.&nbsp\\; If you want to buy mine, shoot me an emailI've replaced that lid with a new one, and will remove the spears from the lid.