Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To Cover or not to Cover?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 11:22 AM
thehueg
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To Cover or not to Cover?

Taking a long trip and have never used a motorcycle cover in the past.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; I had an old Beemer nobody would steal anyway.&nbsp\\; WIth a new Ultra Classic, I'm more concerned about theft and wonder if a cover (in addition to the existing security alarm/siren/pager and disc lock) provides some additional protection or should I forget the cover.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; If a cover is a good thing, is the half-cover sufficient?

Old 06-12-2008, 12:15 PM
dspencer
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: To Cover or not to Cover?

You'll get different opinions. I used to take mine but it wound up just taking up space and not real useful.&nbsp\\; Bike gets dirty and dusty anyway and the cover never really helped any.&nbsp\\; We just get hotels with rooms and doors to the outside (and on the first floor).&nbsp\\; That way, you can park your bike right outside your door and the windows.&nbsp\\; Nobody has ever messed with ours and hard truth is that if someone wants it bad enough, they'll get it with or without a cover.&nbsp\\; Good luck on your decision and this is just my opinion.

Old 06-12-2008, 12:16 PM
AISTQM
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Get a Honda motorcycle cover.&nbsp\\; Best theft protection there is.

Old 06-12-2008, 12:32 PM
rocknrod
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not sure but here here is a link to some covers:
http://search.store.yahoo.com/cgi-bi...\\;query=cover
&nbsp\\;
Im sorry I tried to fix it, but - You Know...

Old 06-12-2008, 12:42 PM
tphillips
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

ORIGINAL: thehueg

Taking a long trip and have never used a motorcycle cover in the past.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I had an old Beemer nobody would steal anyway.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; WIth a new Ultra Classic, I'm more concerned about theft and wonder if a cover (in addition to the existing security alarm/siren/pager and disc lock) provides some additional protection or should I forget the cover.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; If a cover is a good thing, is the half-cover sufficient?
&nbsp\\;
I take a cover just in case...&nbsp\\; Anything that keeps curious hands off the bike is worth it to me.&nbsp\\; Yeah, it takes up a little space, but worth it in my book.&nbsp\\; Besides, if the weather gets bad, it is worth it to me.&nbsp\\; Just my $.02...

Old 06-12-2008, 12:49 PM
67riv
Advanced

most people really know what is under the cover, try parking it near the front door &amp\\; with your other measures&nbsp\\;you should really be ok

Old 06-12-2008, 01:03 PM
capt_caveman
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a light half cover just to keep the weather off when it's parked.&nbsp\\; I figure that if it's a Pro then the bike is gone anyway&nbsp\\; but if it's Amateur's then maybe they'll bypass it for a bike without a cover?&nbsp\\; It might not help but it can't hurt.&nbsp\\;

Old 06-12-2008, 01:06 PM
garyhendley
Outstanding HDF Member

the honda cover is a good ideal i have a small cover that shades the seat and thats about it
&nbsp\\;
this cover fold up to very small hardley tales up any room keeps the seat cool

Old 06-12-2008, 01:25 PM
jcbpa
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Honda cover thing is hilarious...&nbsp\\; I pack a cover just to keep the bike protected... I don't think it will stop a theif...

Old 06-12-2008, 03:54 PM
Rattle Can
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a lightweight cover that is easy to pack and I cover the bike every night.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;For me, it has nothing to do with theft protection, I just do it to keep curious fingers off the paint and ***** off the seat.&nbsp\\; Plus, if it rains during the night, I'd rather start the day on a semi dry bike.&nbsp\\;

Quick Reply: To Cover or not to Cover?