Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2008 Street Glide Price

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 10:56 PM
CoChise
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Street Glide Price

Hello everyone. I have read this forum a ton but am newly registered here and I am just about to buy my first Harley, a black 2008 street glide. I wondered if anyone would mind tellng me what to expect to pay for this bike???? I have found a dealer that claims to sell it for "msrp" and will throw in $500 worth of accessories, but then there is this fee and that fee and so forth. Is this typical?
&nbsp\\;
Basically, I can drive off for $24K with the bike I mentioned that has Cruise, abs, security, tire protection plan, the best warrantee this dealership has (not sure if they differ), and $2,040 in accessories for this price (that includes knocking off the $500).
&nbsp\\;
How much more shopping should I do and how best to go about it? OR is this something that is "good enough" that the time it would take to save another $500 isn't worth the effort or headache?
&nbsp\\;
Appreciate the input.
&nbsp\\;
CoChise

Old 06-10-2008, 02:53 AM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: 2008 Street Glide Price

CONGRATS...
But do yourself a favor....&nbsp\\; Rent a few different cruizers for the week-ends before you sign the papers...&nbsp\\; Every Putt is a bit different and they have a NO RETURN POLICY (LOL)

Old 06-10-2008, 03:08 AM
cmcsns
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

You should be able to do a bit better than MSRP, the '09's aren't that far off and I seem to recall some posts claiming $1k or so below MSRP\\; I'd check around before signing

Old 06-10-2008, 06:01 AM
rjgraham
Tourer

I would go for no freight or setup charges and 1k off sticker.

Old 06-10-2008, 10:26 AM
wbogley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I think if you could get MSRP, no fees and the $500 giftcard that would be a very good deal.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;I would pass on the tire plan and warrenty especially if you are financing the bike unless you are going to run 15,000 miles per year or more.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; It does not make sense to pay interest today on future plans. You will love the Street glide.

Old 06-10-2008, 10:33 AM
CoChise
Novice

Thanks for the info. Do you think I might have any luck getting an email quote from other dealers? I work so much and deisel sucks on the cashflow so it is hard to travel around shopping just to find I have wasted my time.[:'(]

Old 06-10-2008, 10:37 AM
wbogley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: CoChise

Thanks for the info. Do you think I might have any luck getting an email quote from other dealers? I work so much and deisel sucks on the cashflow so it is hard to travel around shopping just to find I have wasted my time.[:'(]
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
That is what I did.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I called 10 dealers and ask for priceing and what inventory they had or could get. It&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;really came down to two dealers wanted to sell a bike.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I found the best deal on the bike I wanted about 100 miles away from me.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I never even saw the bike in advance and we agreed on a deal over the phone and in email.&nbsp\\; I knew what I wanted with what options.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I went the next day to get it and they had it all ready with a full tank of gas for me.

Old 06-10-2008, 11:00 AM
Boxer 6
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: CoChise

&nbsp\\;
Got my 08 SG with ABS, Security and Cruise for $2,500.00 off of MSRP.&nbsp\\; I had my checkbook in hand and told them I would walk if they didn't meet the $2,500.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;They did, I wrote them a check for the balance, and rode her home.

Old 06-10-2008, 11:44 AM
2002jadefatboy
Advanced

My&nbsp\\;'08 SG in Crimson Red Sunglo was $2000 off MSRP, free cruise, no set up fees and no crating/freight charges.&nbsp\\; That was back in Jan.&nbsp\\;

Old 06-10-2008, 11:56 AM
rome304
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

o8's on clearance i thought.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;

Quick Reply: 2008 Street Glide Price