Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just would appreciate some honest answers.

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 09:01 PM
ywhat2000
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just would appreciate some honest answers.

Too all:
Just finished reading a post&nbsp\\;about a wobble in a sweeping turn on Harleys espicially on Baggers.From what i gather this is a rear suspension issue.&nbsp\\;I just bought a 06 loaded Ultra 1400 miles and this is my first Harley i'm not ready to hear all the problems. Is this wobble a huge concern or just another way to sell me another part? I would think if this was a common problem it would be addressed by HD. When might i expect to feel this wobble (what speeds). I was planning on putting some miles on this bike I sometimes wonder about all these complaints. I love the bike just am very much about saftey the&nbsp\\; little things don't bother me. I'm also new to this site and dont want to offend anyone. Is there a tiny group of complainers who just hate this bike? Or do most of these petty problem exist? I would really appreciate input on the serious concerns with this model.

Old 06-09-2008, 09:08 PM
bigdumbnoitall00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 671 Likes on 535 Posts
Default RE: Just would appreciate some honest answers.

had an old honda that would do it above 90 never did solve it but did some homework. on harleys its ussually above 85 in turns with wind (or passing trucks). lots of possible causes to many for me to type most common neck bearings wear or adjustment design of front end tire pressure fork alingment bent&nbsp\\;rim or as many believe the swing arm mounts 2 link should be a 3 link.if bike is in good repair and u have that problem id start with a rear stabilizer or go with metzler tires

Old 06-09-2008, 09:20 PM
gregc
Advanced

I hear guys talk about a wobble I had a 95ec and now a 06ec never noticed a wobble on either bike dont usually go over 80 so maybe above that, I dont know what there talkin about ?
gregc&nbsp\\;

Old 06-09-2008, 09:22 PM
cant beat baggin
6th Gear

Been riding my 06 EG classic almost 2 years,I ride fully loaded with the women,and ride solo alot also and have never seen the phantom wobbler (knock on wood)but it does happen cause it happened to a good riding partner of my.Wind and speed, mostly (SPEED) are big factors.

Old 06-09-2008, 09:27 PM
Dionicio
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

5500 Miles on My 08 Ultra, No suspension or handling problems. RIDES GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-09-2008, 09:30 PM
BLACK 3
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have an 02 uc w/54k miles and no wobble
just ride and have fun
good luck

Old 06-09-2008, 09:32 PM
ywhat2000
Cruiser

iIcan understand how this could happen @ high speeds loaded in high wind. My bike feels very tight in corners so far. I used to own a K1200LT BMW and the bike handled great. In my opinion the Ultra handles great espicially at slow speeds its incredible.
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;

Old 06-09-2008, 09:37 PM
PITA
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just got back from a 3500 mile trip on my RKC loaded down with about 40 pounds of gear.&nbsp\\;Other than the usual wagging of the bars&nbsp\\;in the turbulance of a rig or high (80+) speeds&nbsp\\;(both attributable to the fork mounted shield/fairing) or that wiggle when going over tar strips when banked over, I have yet to feel a speed wobble on my '08...and&nbsp\\;I'm certainly familier with tank slappers from my years on sportbikes.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;

Old 06-09-2008, 09:38 PM
maxflhx
Tourer

&nbsp\\;Not an absoulte must have.

Old 06-09-2008, 09:40 PM
rockdoc
Tourer

Dood....

I've been riding the snot out of my SG and I've NEVER experienced a wobble....and I've had it up to 110 (not for long though....). You will hear about the weirdest things on this forum - it's a great platform for airing things out and seeing if anyone else out there is experiencing the same things. There might be 100 bikes out there out of 3 million experiencing this, and we have the pleasure of hearing it straight from the horses mouth. Stop fretting about it and just ride...get to know your babe and trust her...it's a great bike.

Quick Reply: Just would appreciate some honest answers.