Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

George Anderson TP Relocator ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2008 | 02:35 PM
Homebrew101
|
Road Master
Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts
Default George Anderson TP Relocator ?

I mentioned this option to the wife for more room and her first question was "If you move the TP back 2.5 inches, won't my a@@ be hanging off the back of the seat?"
&nbsp\\;
Good question I says, maybe?
&nbsp\\;
Anyone cover this for me here?

Old 06-09-2008 | 02:45 PM
HOGinit
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: George Anderson TP Relocator ?

The answer is Yes at least for my wife.&nbsp\\; I cured this gap by installing a fillet between the back of the seat and the extended back rest on my new seat which was fabricated by Advanced Seating Designs located in Kilgore Texas.&nbsp\\; See picture below.&nbsp\\; it is an awesome saddle.&nbsp\\; and oh so comfortable not only for her but cured some design problems that I had in handling of the bike.&nbsp\\; He rotated me forward in the seat and moved me forward about an inch.&nbsp\\; It appears to have eliminated the lightness in the front end and the wobble that I experienced on occassion.&nbsp\\;

Old 06-09-2008 | 02:49 PM
zapps
Cruiser

No, her butt does not go in a 90 degree angle to the seat back so the gap does not come into play. I have mine back all the way and my wife has never complained about her butt not being on the seat. George makes a fantastic product with super quality craftmanship.
It worked for us.
Zapps
2008 Ultra

Old 06-09-2008 | 02:59 PM
HOGinit
Cruiser

I should clarify the pain only started at about 200 miles a day, by 500 miles in a day the pain was unbearable and we had to stop for the day.&nbsp\\; Now with the fillet,&nbsp\\;extended arm rests and back rest that comes down to meet the fillet she is good to go for at least 750 miles.&nbsp\\; That is the most that we have done since the seat was installed.&nbsp\\; No pain.&nbsp\\;

Old 06-09-2008 | 03:00 PM
davewear
Road Warrior
Received 197 Likes on 135 Posts

i have georges relocator kit set all the way back and the girl is very happy. and no overhanging butt lol.

Old 06-09-2008 | 03:09 PM
mapman
Advanced

We have also installed the relocator kit ... not overhang problem at all ... The wife is much happier, which means I am happier!

Old 06-09-2008 | 08:20 PM
BillyG0856
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have George's Tour Pak relocater on my FLHT...as shown in my signature picture below.&nbsp\\; GF is only 5'2".....not a very big lady at all.&nbsp\\; First I tried the 1 1/4" setback and installed the HD Adjustable Backrest...which is thicker than most.&nbsp\\; We went for a ride.....came home and&nbsp\\;moved it to the 2 1/2" setback.&nbsp\\; Hands down....she's WAY more comfy there.&nbsp\\; I think my adjustable backrest takes up more room than anticipated.&nbsp\\; LOL....her feet BARELY reach the floorboards....and that's only if she has her boots on.&nbsp\\; Tennis Shoes.....lol....she just 'dangles'....lol.&nbsp\\; I did notice the 'gap behind the seat (Mustang Ultra Touring)....asked her about it...she said it doesnt bother her...mostly because she's somewhat leaning into the tour pak backrest...I think.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; We just took a 1000 mile trip in May.....she had NO complaints.
&nbsp\\;
Here's a link to a full size pic of my FLHT.&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
Signature Picture Full Size
&nbsp\\;
Good Luck...
Billy G

Old 06-09-2008 | 08:47 PM
PhoenixClassic
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My old lady's *** fills that gap and blocks the speakers to boot!
&nbsp\\;
Made it more comfortable for both of us by a ton, though.&nbsp\\; Nice product and super to to business with.

Old 06-09-2008 | 08:52 PM
bigdumbnoitall00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 673 Likes on 537 Posts

+1 for blockin the speakers&nbsp\\; had a buddy make a relocator out of a piece of plexiglass I didnt thik it would hold &nbsp\\;up but still there after 2 years

Old 06-09-2008 | 09:11 PM
TexasVet
Tourer

My wife love's the extra room that the GA kit gave her.&nbsp\\; After installation, I had to buy the Kury adjustable passenger pegs due to her legs were resting on the bag bars and it was causing her some pain.&nbsp\\; After the pegs, life is good and I'm not getting nagged at, well not as much, from the back&nbsp\\;