Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2008 STREET GLIDE

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 06:15 AM
rocknrod
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: 2008 STREET GLIDE

Post some pics

Old 06-20-2008, 08:47 AM
bronzebitch
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on your new bike,&nbsp\\;I have the same bike w/3,893 mi. I love it, and right now "MISS IT." My bike broke down on me Sunday with the fuel filter bracket problem. Do yourself a big favor and tell them to replace yours with the "new and improved" part&nbsp\\;before you even pick it up. HD needs to do a recall on this, but they won't till enough of us poor sole's either break down or gets killed because of this defective part. I was told the part is off of the assembly line, and has supposedly been shipped out. I am waiting very impatiently for mine to be replaced. It's Friday, and guess what I had plans to do this weekend? DDDUUUHHHHH!! The same as all ya'll [sm=smiley19.gif]
Trust me on this!

Old 06-20-2008, 12:32 PM
JohnScrip
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yep, I put HD's adjustable "dragon fly wings" or whatever they call them under the fairing - AMAZING difference - But still not quite cutting it. No doubt though, I found the smaller the helmet, the less bounce to the brain.

Call me crazy, but I just feel the need to wear the helmet. Even my *wife* said "Well, if it's that bad, just don't wear the helmet" (which made me wonder what's up her sleeve - Very unusual statement from her).

At this point, I think the only way I'll be able to read my dash or any street signs is to throw a 13" on. Sigh...

Old 06-20-2008, 01:27 PM
phipsi74
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

&nbsp\\;
I stop by Zippers all the time, and have used them for advice a lot.&nbsp\\; They WILL make a Thundermax for the 08's, just are taking some time w/ the TBW changes.&nbsp\\; I've got 1k on my SG after about 10 days and love it.&nbsp\\; Yeah, the windshield is a bit too low, but it looks great so I'll deal w/ it.&nbsp\\; If it's raining, I just duck a bit and it works fine.&nbsp\\; LOVE the brakes and the cruise.&nbsp\\; I'll repost after I put the Big Sucker, Bub 7's and PCIII on it (I'll get a Thundermax later) but right now it seems short on power.&nbsp\\; I've got a 93 Softail w/ an S&amp\\;S E (w/ Thunderjet), V&amp\\;H Big Shots and an Andrews EV27 cam and I've gotta say from an engine standpoint it's a lot better riding then the TC and 6 speed.&nbsp\\; It seems that w/ the 6 speed I'm shifting all the time to avoid lugging the engine.&nbsp\\; I figure that the modded Evo and the unmodded TC96 are likely making the same HP now, and that the difference is the added weight of the SG, but we shall see.
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;

Old 06-20-2008, 01:38 PM
osolow
Intermediate

I've had my SG for a couple of weeks and love it it a completely different bike over my 03 FXST!
&nbsp\\;i cant wait to get it out on the road and get a few hundred mile trip under my belt with it.
i do have a couple of complaints with it tho first the clutch cable has a bur or something catching it so it not as smooth as it could be. and the the indicator cover for neutral and turn signals is all cracked up and the latches on my bags were so loose they would flop right open.
i have toured the KC plant and there quality control is very strict and am surprised theses little&nbsp\\;things got throw but the dealer is taking care of it all. that's my next complaint the dealer why do the have to have 5 different people handling things with a new bike purchase? the have my accessory's and pipes order so jacked up because you have to talk to one person for each thing and all it doses is create a head ache. and stuff ether doesnt get ordered or the wrong thing gets ordered. and parts they had to order a S/E air cleaner kit the air pump for the shocks and my seat, so i just had to hope i liked the tall boy seat which i did but the old lady hates it after spending three hundred&nbsp\\;bucks on it. over all i love the bike
&nbsp\\;

Old 06-20-2008, 02:40 PM
vinnieee
Cruiser

I installed the SERT on my 08 SG and took it to the local tuner who many does Power Commander, but said my was all most post on. He made minor adjustment to straigten out the fuel curve, but that was it. She runs great too with 8,700 miles on her now.

Old 06-20-2008, 03:51 PM
Weavr99FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

Hd part #&nbsp\\; 58520-79TC Air baffle mounts below the fairing between the fork tubes.&nbsp\\; Came stock on 2000 and earlier, HD removed it in 2001 and now sells as accessory - helps prevent air from coming up from between the tank and fairing and hitting you in the head.&nbsp\\; Some say it blocks air to the engine - I've got 62,000 miles and no problems - can ride in 90 degree temps all day and engine oil temp right around&nbsp\\;210.
&nbsp\\;
Also the batwing deflectors (mount on sides of the fairing) may help.
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
ORIGINAL: JohnScrip

08 SG Only a couple weeks - In for the 1k right now.

A) Well, "A" is for Amazing. It's an amazing bike.

"B" is for "buffeting" as I've ordered my fourth windshield after suffering a minor concussion after a 200 mile ride. No, I'm not kidding. After that, I left a helmet on the side of the road just last weekend because I couldn't take the turbulence. Couldn't even read my own guages. I have a 13" (the EG's 12" wouldn't cut it) on order from Drag Specialties. The stock 4" shield was worthless, a 12" (that after *two* cuts, is down to 10.5") and a 9" FastAire (which is terribly, terribly sexy as far as shields go) all failed to help. The only thing that helped me was either no helmet or a turtle-shell with the 10.5" shield.

I hate looking through windshields. But I think I have no choice in this matter.

I don't regret the bike though...

Old 06-21-2008, 02:16 AM
JohnScrip
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I had one of those on my Road King - It was amazingly good... That will mount on the Street Glide also, eh...?

Without sounding like a doofus, is it incredibly hard to install? Geez, for $25 or whatever it is, it'd be silly not to try it...

As far as the engine, I understood that the piece was originally made to deflect *more* air *towards* the motor to keep it cooler. The anti-buffeting was a happy side-effect. Although I could have heard BS also...

Old 06-21-2008, 10:07 AM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

ORIGINAL: BaggerSam

I thought about putting the screaming eagle supertuner on in place of the power commander any thoughts?&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;
I would wait for the new V-Tuner from TTS. You will find more information on this new product in the following thread.

Old 06-21-2008, 10:25 AM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

ORIGINAL: JohnScrip

I had one of those on my Road King - It was amazingly good... That will mount on the Street Glide also, eh...?

Without sounding like a doofus, is it incredibly hard to install? Geez, for $25 or whatever it is, it'd be silly not to try it...
&nbsp\\;
Simple, three supplied screws into the already drilled holes.

Quick Reply: 2008 STREET GLIDE