Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2008 STREET GLIDE

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 11:25 PM
Jsans
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2008 STREET GLIDE

ORIGINAL: BaggerSam

Just got back in from picking up my bike. The dealer decided the course of action was to remove the power commander refund my money and replace it with the harley down load. The bike runs good. I am pleased for now. Waiting for thunder max to make a product for the 08's.
ThunderMax will never be available for 08 throttle by wire.&nbsp\\; Give it up and get it done right with a SERT.

Old 06-18-2008, 04:45 AM
BaggerSam
Cruiser

I thought about putting the screaming eagle supertuner on in place of the power commander any thoughts?&nbsp\\;

Old 06-18-2008, 11:37 AM
elim9
Intermediate

Congrats on the new bike! I just got back from a 1900 mile bike trip on mine and the only problem I had was the wind buffeting at 80mph. Still trying to figure out how to fix that. Otherwise the bike ran and handled excellent!

Old 06-18-2008, 12:47 PM
Bannana Boat
Road Captain
Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Maybe not everyone is experiencing this, but a local dyno jet tuner told me the race tuners he has installed has led to&nbsp\\;surging in the bikes&nbsp\\;at low rpm's and the power commanders don't.&nbsp\\; He's been installing power commanders on 08's.&nbsp\\; I have had one for 900 miles and 0 issues...

Old 06-18-2008, 06:12 PM
Jsans
Tourer

I installed a PCIII on my 08 and it was like the engine instantly became out of tune.&nbsp\\; Loud backfire, popping and smoke coming from the air intake.&nbsp\\; Would run a minute or two and die, wouldn't restart&nbsp\\;until it cooled.&nbsp\\; Shame for a new bike.&nbsp\\; Took off the PCIII and everything was fine.&nbsp\\; Gotta SERT w DYNO tune and everything is perfect.

Old 06-19-2008, 04:42 PM
cfoster80
Tourer

The problem with PCIII's are that the shop or vendor you got it from had a early model PCIII. Im on my 3rd one. i bought mine from my local shop that never had a problem until my bike we used 2 different PCIII htye just gave me my money back. So i called PC and they told me that the early model PCIII would not work on 1 out of 10 bikes they told me they fixed the programming problem but some shops still had the old units. Got my 3rd from Fuelmoto.com Jamie hooked me up with a good download too.

Old 06-19-2008, 04:54 PM
Stretglyd08
Cruiser

I picked up a 08 Streetglide this year and love it. I replaced the stock shield with a CC Bailys 7" and still looks good and cut the buffeting way down. I tried a Mustang seat but had fit issues on the front end... I'd avoid them I'm waiting for a C@C squareback to come next week.

Old 06-19-2008, 07:23 PM
JonGolden
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The RG is great. Get some pipes and you'll love it!

Old 06-20-2008, 01:19 AM
JohnScrip
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

08 SG Only a couple weeks - In for the 1k right now.

A) Well, "A" is for Amazing. It's an amazing bike.

"B" is for "buffeting" as I've ordered my fourth windshield after suffering a minor concussion after a 200 mile ride. No, I'm not kidding. After that, I left a helmet on the side of the road just last weekend because I couldn't take the turbulence. Couldn't even read my own guages. I have a 13" (the EG's 12" wouldn't cut it) on order from Drag Specialties. The stock 4" shield was worthless, a 12" (that after *two* cuts, is down to 10.5") and a 9" FastAire (which is terribly, terribly sexy as far as shields go) all failed to help. The only thing that helped me was either no helmet or a turtle-shell with the 10.5" shield.

I hate looking through windshields. But I think I have no choice in this matter.

I don't regret the bike though...

Old 06-20-2008, 05:27 AM
StreetGlideMedic
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have 4K miles on My bike and just returned from a 2Kmile trip...The bike was flawless.&nbsp\\; I did replace the windshield with a KlockWorks curved windshield and love it!&nbsp\\; That being said...if your head is rocked by turbulence ..then you take the helmet off and get none...it's not the windshield...it's usually the wind coming from around the undersides of the fairing.&nbsp\\; If your head was rocked by turbulence from the helmet...it was wind coming from under it and raising your helmet up...usually not from wind cresting the windshield. The purchase of air deflectors will usually help this..and depending on the brand...some of them look rather cool.&nbsp\\;

Mike

Quick Reply: 2008 STREET GLIDE