Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Magneti-marelli EFI hesitation

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 08:06 AM
toolbox
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Magneti-marelli EFI hesitation

I have a 97 FLHTCU that has a bad hesitation/stumble INTERMITTLY when hot. I have had little time to work on the bike. It came into our shop sat. afternoon with a stalling / low idle problem. I replaced the ISC motor and relsovled that problem. (the HOt and&nbsp\\;Cold Idle screw settings are perfect)&nbsp\\;Even on my initial test ride I did not feel the hesitation. The bike will be idling and intermittently flair up , during this time if I give the bike a quick flip of the throttle it will hesitate bad for a split second then come to life with a puff of black smoke. I feel it could be a fuel pressure regulator but havent had enough time to diagnos yet. Just wanted to run this by you all to see the responses. I tried posting on the fuel/ignition but my post wouldnt got threw...may be my computer. ANyway any input would be interesting to hear. THanks and everyone have a great day.
TOOLBOX
&nbsp\\;