Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clearview Windshield is Amazing

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 03:27 AM
SpeedsterX
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Clearview Windshield is Amazing

ORIGINAL: CSI Topeka

6.5 oughta do it for ya.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; A 6.5 inch tinted fastaire is only about $25.00, so it won't break the bank to find out if that will work for ya.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; If it does, then later on you can buy a 6.5 inch Clearview, and have even BETTER protection.
Thanks CSI!!!

I will get a 6 1/2 Clearview recurve!!

You've helped me alot!

Thanks again!!

Speedy

Old 06-07-2008, 04:39 AM
bbrdiesel
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just put a 9 1/2 smoked recurve on my Street Glide.&nbsp\\; Perfect wind control, even my wife as a passenger feels the difference.&nbsp\\; Fantastic product and service!

Old 06-07-2008, 06:34 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Here's the Discounted Blem Shields

Old 06-07-2008, 09:56 AM
LookMaNoHands
Tourer

ORIGINAL: ELGOLD

Excellent quality, fit and finish.
The recurve makes a huge difference, cruising at 160k/hr hardly any wind movement around me.
Incredible customer service, John called me 3 times during production with updates.
I recommend this to anyone considering switching over their shield.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
He didn't have mine in stock (12" recurve light tint) and said it would be 4-6 weeks.&nbsp\\; Just passed the 4 week mark on Wednesday so I'm getting antsy....

Old 06-07-2008, 10:28 AM
the reverend
Tourer

ORIGINAL: SpeedsterX

ORIGINAL: CSI Topeka

6.5 oughta do it for ya. \\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; \\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; A 6.5 inch tinted fastaire is only about $25.00, so it won't break the bank to find out if that will work for ya. \\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; If it does, then later on you can buy a 6.5 inch Clearview, and have even BETTER protection.
Thanks CSI!!!

I will get a 6 1/2 Clearview recurve!!

You've helped me alot!

Thanks again!!

Speedy
Hey Speedster... I am going to sell a 6.5 inch Clearview with recurve in dark smoke this week. I am about 6 feet and the wind is just hitting the top of my helmet so I have to go just a bit taller. Let me know if you are interested.

Old 06-08-2008, 08:25 AM
easyglider
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I bought the 8" smoked with the recurve.When it finally came it was wrong.I called John immediatly and he promptly e-mailed me a return UPS label and sent out a new correct one.Kinda dissapointed that happened but since the new shield is on it was all worth it.I am 6'1" and the 8" shield is perfect.I can see well over it and not much buffeting wiyh the helmet and damn near none without the lid.

Old 06-08-2008, 09:23 AM
DanB
Tourer

Looking for some input regarding the Clearview Windshield.
&nbsp\\;
I have an 07 SE Ultra. I just measured the windshield, it appears to be 9". Stock. I am about 5'8". I have installed the wind deflector that fits between the forks, and still I have helmet buffeting. At 70mph...I can hardly see due to my head shaking so bad. (I wear a helmet).
&nbsp\\;
Would this clearview windshield help..and would a taller one work, vs the 9". I had some concerns about trying to look through the windshield during rains, etc..but I gotta do something. What does the "recurve" mean????
&nbsp\\;
Anyone had this experience and fixed it by changing your windshield?
&nbsp\\;
DanB

Old 06-08-2008, 10:38 AM
RexBuck
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I installed an 8" Clearview smoked with recurve on my 08 Ultra.&nbsp\\; I had the original shield cut down to 9 1/2" which was a good height for me to see over - I am 5' 11".&nbsp\\; The Clearview offers the same protection as the 9 1/2" with even more visability.&nbsp\\; I was concerned about distortion in the recurve part of the Clearview . . . none.&nbsp\\; Great product, well worth the wait.

Old 06-08-2008, 10:42 AM
DanB
Tourer

Were you experiencing the same wind buffeting problem, prior to the install of the clearview? Seems you went from 91/2 to 8"...Again..what does the "recurve" mean????
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
Thanks.
&nbsp\\;
DanB

Old 06-08-2008, 01:16 PM
sarhog
Intermediate

ORIGINAL: DanB

I have an 07 SE Ultra. I just measured the windshield, it appears to be 9". Stock. I am about 5'8". I have installed the wind deflector that fits between the forks, and still I have helmet buffeting. At 70mph...I can hardly see due to my head shaking so bad. (I wear a helmet).&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
I have a 10" windshield on mine and&nbsp\\;I get very little buffeting (with DOT half helmet).&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I am also 5'8".&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Does your helmet have a large "bill"/visor thing?&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Sometimes changing the lid is easier than the windshield.
I just ordered a 8" smoke recurve do see what all the fuss is about with them.
The "recurve" is, right near the top edge of the windshield, it kinda curves more vertical....get it?&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Maybe someone has a good pic.
Good luck.

Quick Reply: Clearview Windshield is Amazing