Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1/2 Helmet Headsets

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 04:46 PM
ghowell
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/2 Helmet Headsets

I'm considering some carbon fiber 1/2 helmets for the wife and I. It gets pretty hot here in Texas. But, we do not want to give up our headset communications. Does anyone have any experience or recommendations regarding headsets in these types of helmets? Thanks in advance for your help. Gary

Old 03-02-2006, 05:24 PM
rvisdew
Road Master
Default RE: 1/2 Helmet Headsets

Here's a link that sells com devices for half helmets ... if I read this correctly, the catch is that you have to buy the helmet from them, as well.
jmcorp_link

Old 03-02-2006, 11:57 PM
Lpye
Road Captain

I'm looking at these Headset

Old 03-03-2006, 02:00 AM
electricuter
Cruiser

I've been wondering why does all the headsets you see are for the left ear?Can you switch sides with them or ?

Old 03-03-2006, 10:50 AM
Kess
Outstanding HDF Member

Said it before but I have yet to see anything that works well - Hell - The NFL and the networks can't get headsets to work and they have millions to throw at the problem - I have to admit that the link Rvisdew posted looks pretty promising but I would love to hear a review - Plus I think those helmets may be butt ugly - good luck and keep us posted on what you decide

Old 03-03-2006, 12:29 PM
tphillips
Road Warrior
Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

LPYE:

I've got two sets of these -- one for me and one for passenger. They are better quality than the original headsets I bought from HD (so, what isn't?) for our full face helmets. The original set I purchased both went bad within just 2-3 weeks -- a short in one and total failure in the other. No problems replacing them. Sierra did right by me. I've been using them since without any problems, and I find that the earpieces have such good quality that I prefer listening to the music through them over the bike-mounted speakers.

To me, they are worth the money.

Old 03-03-2006, 04:08 PM
ghowell
Advanced

Thanks for all of the suggestions. Sierra seems to sell the J&M headsets for the 1/2 helmets. From what I can tell, J&M won't sell those unless they are pre-installed in the KBC helmets. I'm going to order a Carbon fiber helmet and the J&Ms. We'll have to wait and see whether they will work together. Neither J&M nor carbonfiberhelmets.com were very helpful in determinig whether they are compatible. I'll keep you updated. A special thanks for the Sierra suggestions - Great prices!

Old 03-03-2006, 04:30 PM
billbarket
Novice

Here is the link to the Sierra site.
http://www.sierra-mc.com/proddetail....IMC%2DHS%2DH40

Old 03-15-2006, 08:46 PM
palhas
Stage II

sierra electronics has a head set that hooks over your ears, they don't attache to the helmets, they cost $90 new bikes use seven pin connector

Old 03-15-2006, 09:18 PM
Trailfndr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't have a photo, but seen some guys up my way that had a small cloth pocket sewn into the strap of thier half helmet, between the "V" of the strap. It holds the headset from Harley. the mic still fastens to the helmet in the usual way.

My wife is going to try one a little different. She is trying velcro sewn into the "V" and will attach the ear pieces as you would in a full helmet. I'll post as to how they work once she gets them done (soon I hope)

Quick Reply: 1/2 Helmet Headsets