Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motorcycle cleaning

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 08:36 AM
thekidnkaren
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motorcycle cleaning

&nbsp\\;OK, Now I am not mr. perfect at cleaning a bike but, How many of you guys clean your wifes bike and how much guff do you take when it is dirty? My wifes bike was clean when I put it in the garage two weeks ago and she decided to give me some crap because it was dusty this morning when she decided to ride it to work&nbsp\\; after it sat in the garage for two weeks! My bike is dirtier than that right now but that is because I ride the crap out of it! Ok enough venting, just courious how many guys clean thier wifes scoot.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbs p\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;
PS. If I recall she never has cleaned her own bike

Old 06-05-2008, 08:43 AM
Road Head
Road Master
Default RE: Motorcycle cleaning

Tell Wifey to clean her own bike. &nbsp\\;[8D]

Old 06-05-2008, 08:46 AM
drrandall1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Buy her the king size sheet at walmart and throw it over her bike. It will keep the dust off

Old 06-05-2008, 08:46 AM
roxnatwist
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You do her laundry, too? Clean the house and cook dinner? WTF?&nbsp\\;How many times has she washed YOUR bike? What is she&nbsp\\;a Playboy&nbsp\\;model or something? &nbsp\\;Make her get out there and do it herself.

Old 06-05-2008, 08:54 AM
jcbpa
Road Warrior

Well, I'll take the opposite side, but, my wife doesn't have a bike... but if I could convince her,&nbsp\\;I would keep it clean, maintained and covered... I'd rather do that than dishes or laundry any day of the week.&nbsp\\; It's great therapy...&nbsp\\; For now and probably for a long time we'll just continue riding two up... so I only clean one bike... and she does the laundry.

Old 06-05-2008, 09:08 AM
thekidnkaren
Tourer

ORIGINAL: roxnatwist

You do her laundry, too? Clean the house and cook dinner? WTF?&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;How many times has she washed YOUR bike? What is she&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;a Playboy&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;model or something? &nbsp\\;\\\\\\;Make her get out there and do it herself.
Hangs head, Yes, I have been known to do all those things as I am retired and she still works. I am waiting for Nora Roberts to come up with a book on Motorcycle cleaning and hoping that will get her interested

Old 06-05-2008, 09:15 AM
roxnatwist
Road Captain

That's pretty funny

Old 06-05-2008, 09:27 AM
roadking1893
Tourer

I guess this question is like asking me if I wash my wife's "Bimmer".&nbsp\\; She does not ride and I am the "****" one when it comes having clean cars and bike.&nbsp\\; If she rides I would have her clean her own bike much like she wanted a "Bimmer" because she wanted to drive mine.&nbsp\\; I told her if she gets&nbsp\\;a "Bimmer"&nbsp\\;she will do all the detailing to it and she does.&nbsp\\; If a bike she wants she will keep that clean also. For now we ride 2 up.

Old 06-05-2008, 09:34 AM
BEAST
Cruiser

Like the man said. I'd rather be in the garage with the scoots.

Old 06-05-2008, 09:41 AM
TMART
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have to plead guilty,I clean my wife's bike.Only because I spent a year doing a frame-up restore on it.It is a '73 Honda CB350f four cylinder,very rare,only made them in '73 and '74.I put it back to its showroom glory,spent countless hours hand polishing engine cases,and rechromed all the chrome.I am pretty **** about how its cleaned so therefore I do it.
Terry

Quick Reply: Motorcycle cleaning