Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motorcycle cleaning

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 04:32 PM
LookMaNoHands
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Motorcycle cleaning

ORIGINAL: dt20

she rides it!&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; she cleans it!&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; just reminder of equal rights
+1 to that...&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Although here, she does a fair amount of the wrenching on it.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Talked her through the 1k and 5k services and swappinng the risers...

Come to think of it, I don't clean my own bike all that often...&nbsp\\; It rained this morning, that's close enough to a wash...

Old 06-05-2008, 05:21 PM
StreetGlide2006
Road Warrior

I clean my wifes bike more times than she does. She is usually doing something around the house when I start. I do mine then hers if she has not come to the garage to do it. Just works out that way. But she would never tell me it is dirty. She would just clean it.

Ride Safe,

Mike

Old 06-05-2008, 06:17 PM
rickxx
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i clean my wife's bike...also do the maintenence on it.&nbsp\\; she cooks, does laundry, keeps the house up, cuts the grass...and the list goes on.&nbsp\\; i definitely get the better end of the deal.&nbsp\\; she doesn't come in and complain that the bike's dirty however.&nbsp\\; if she wants it shiney,&nbsp\\; she'll grab the honda polish and do what nees to be done.&nbsp\\;

Old 06-05-2008, 06:29 PM
stevepacman
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Roxnatwist's comment made us all LOL here at work! Funny as hell!

Old 06-05-2008, 06:29 PM
jcboof
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yup,&nbsp\\; I clean her bike,&nbsp\\; I'm such a damn perfectionist that It would drive me nutty to watch her clean it.&nbsp\\; I just about have a fit when she washes her car,&nbsp\\; I usually just come out and finish it for her.&nbsp\\; Sometimes she gets pissed but i'm just **** about that stuff.&nbsp\\; I just want to make sure that her bike is as clean as mine.&nbsp\\; Though mine has much much more BLING!!

Old 06-05-2008, 09:21 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,371 Likes on 2,543 Posts

my wife washes, waxes, and wrenches on her own bike.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; though i have been know to be impatient and installed a part or two for her since i had the time and she didn't....&nbsp\\; but, that would be only a small part.&nbsp\\; anything major and she wants to do it herself.&nbsp\\; she's done the se ac, rinehart true duals, and the pciii.&nbsp\\; other than that, only a couple of small cosmetic things that i stuck on for her.&nbsp\\; she is very **** before adding anything so she will research something to death!&nbsp\\; plus the road king custom came with plenty of bling for her.

Old 06-05-2008, 10:23 PM
kpb46
Road Master

ORIGINAL: StreetGlide2006

I clean my wifes bike more times than she does. She is usually doing something around the house when I start. I do mine then hers if she has not come to the garage to do it. Just works out that way. But she would never tell me it is dirty. She would just clean it.

Ride Safe,

Mike
&nbsp\\;
DITTO

Old 06-05-2008, 11:13 PM
BEAST
Cruiser

I guess when you really think about it they are our bikes. She rides the one we call hers, and I ride the one we call mine. Yeah she picked it out, makes her payments and all that. The main thing is we ride them. 20k a year. Coast to coast and border to border. California last year and Maine this summer. She cleans on it when were on the road, but I'm just faster and better. Been doin it longer. I think when your cleaning on them you also looking for anything amiss too.

Old 06-06-2008, 12:06 AM
granpa
Intermediate

We both ride and we both clean. Old biker rule when find a woman that will clean your bike marry her, so I did. First wife would not help me clean mine, guess that's why she was my fist wife

Old 06-06-2008, 01:33 AM
2003flhtci
Tourer

I don't clean anyone's bike but my own.

Quick Reply: Motorcycle cleaning