Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fuel pack or power commander

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 01:31 PM
jtjt100
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel pack or power commander

i have an 06 street glide with hooker slip ons, stage 1, and power commander, i'm swapping to a 2-1 lsr exhaust, screaming eagle heavy breather, now, the question, should i stick with the power commander or use the vance and hines fuel pack? i already have the fuel pack from another application. i've heard of the power commander just shutting down and if the fuel pack ever quits i can just plug the stock 1 back in and keep riding. i'm getting re-tuned after it is all installed.which is the best way to go? thanks

Old 06-04-2008, 03:37 PM
SBOTI
5th Gear
Default RE: fuel pack or power commander

I just installed V&H Bigshots(black) and Fuelpak. I love it. Only been riding it for a week but I tell you what, I installed according to directions and programmed from V&H site, not one problem! Sounds freaking great, no backfire or anything! Best set-up I've had out of three bikes! Had the USB Power Commander III on my 02' Softail, didn't care for it much but I do like the Fuel Pak. Don't know if this helps but for what it's worth.....

Old 06-04-2008, 03:44 PM
mattman22033
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am PCIII guy. I get all my bikes dyno tuned and Ihave neverhad any problems. Also if your PCIII goes out (I have never had one do that) you can unplug it and just run off the ECM.

Old 06-04-2008, 04:27 PM
a21m
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In past posts, they say pc3 is dyno tuneable, but the fuelpak is not. I will go the way oif the fuelpak soon. I plan no engine mods or dyno tuning so for me it will be the simplest choice. headers, exhaust, a/c and fuelpak for me

Old 06-04-2008, 04:35 PM
Coolhawg6622
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the LSR on my 08 with a PCIII. I wouldnt even consider a fuelpak as there is no "tuneability" compared to the PC. Your gonna run an LSR get it dynoed and tuned correctly and you wont be disapointed.

I have the capability to try numerous pipe applications and the LSR was the top numbers maker......D&D was a close second......

Old 06-04-2008, 05:12 PM
ROADRAGE98
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Fuelpak is a great way to go.&amp\\;nbsp\\; Easy to install and completely idiot proof.&amp\\;nbsp\\; Their customer service is great and always helpful.&amp\\;nbsp\\; If there are any problems you use pull it off and re-connect the factory plugs.&amp\\;nbsp\\; I like the fact it doesn’t change the computer and you can take it off.

Old 06-04-2008, 05:29 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 10,349 Likes on 5,493 Posts

&lt\\;P&gt\\;Seems PC 111 are nothing but problems for many users &lt\\;/P&gt\\;
&lt\\;P&gt\\;The TFI seems to be the easyest and most reliable&lt\\;/P&gt\\;

Old 06-04-2008, 05:59 PM
StreetGlide2006
Road Warrior

2 years and 15,000+ miles with a PCIII and never a problem. Love the way it makes the bike run.

Ride Safe,

Mike

Old 06-04-2008, 06:15 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

ORIGINAL:&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; smitty901

Seems PCIII are nothing but problems for many users
You've said this before and I've challenged your claims. Could you list or link those who've had "nothing but problems"?&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Yes, some people do have trouble and those few do sound off here, but in the context of the thousands sold, many more than any other EFI controller, it stands to reason we will hear of more problems. \\\\\\\\\\\\\\; Fuel Moto alone has sold 10k units, so if we hear about 100 problems, that's only 1% of the total population.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; If you'll read the threads revolving around the PCIII, the vast majority are happy with them, and Jamie at Fuel Moto can reflect that fact.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; He sells all of the EFI controllers, so call him up sometime and ask him which has been the most reliable and effective.

BTW, I'm not inserting all these weird characters in this message.&nbsp\\; I've typed it over five times and can't keep them out, only to re-appear when written to the forum.

Old 06-04-2008, 07:26 PM
Scootr
Road Master

Happy with the PCIII from Fuelmoto here.&nbsp\\; Don't have experience with anything else.&nbsp\\; Haven't had a reason to try anything else.&nbsp\\; Bike runs great!

Quick Reply: fuel pack or power commander