Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fuel pack or power commander

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 07:35 PM
bigdumbnoitall00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 669 Likes on 533 Posts
Default RE: fuel pack or power commander

pc111 can also unplugg and go back to stock plus u can dyno&nbsp\\;it, if u&nbsp\\;get it at fuelmoto so many maps u dont have to dyno it &nbsp\\;

Old 06-04-2008, 07:42 PM
Howards End
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: jtjt100

i have an 06 street glide with hooker slip ons, stage 1, and power commander, i'm swapping to a 2-1 lsr exhaust, screaming eagle heavy breather, now, the question, should i stick with the power commander or use the vance and hines fuel pack? i already have the fuel pack from another application. i've heard of the power commander just shutting down and if the fuel pack ever quits i can just plug the stock 1 back in and keep riding. i'm getting re-tuned after it is all installed.which is the best way to go? thanks
&nbsp\\;
On a level of 1 to 10, how hard is it to put this entire set up in yourself?

Old 06-04-2008, 07:54 PM
garyl
Cruiser

&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;Im running the power commander. Happy with it. Ran the Rev Tech DFO. and was happy with that. Did seem that I had better performance with the DFO. This comparison was by the seat of the pants. No dyno.

Old 06-04-2008, 08:26 PM
EasternSP
Banned
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 24,867 Likes on 9,332 Posts

I installed a PCIII on my RG this evening.&nbsp\\; Take the right side cover off, find and unplug the grey connector from the ECM, loosen the ECM so you can slip a couple of zip ties behind it, plug the black PCIII plug to the grey plug then apply sticky back velcro to it and stick it up under the battery box, plug the other plug from the PCIII into the ECM, tighten the ECM bolts back down and snug the zip ties down to secure the PCIII to the ECM.&nbsp\\; Plug in the 9volt battery plug to the PCIII, plug in the USB plug to the ECM and to your laptop, put the CD in your laptop and load the PCIII program, find and transfer the map files for your scooter from the CD to your laptop, pick your map and transfer it to the PCIII via the software screen and your done.&nbsp\\; Unplug the 9volt battery and the USB cable and go for a ride.

Old 06-05-2008, 06:36 AM
Hugh Jass
Tourer

I have the PCIII and like it.&nbsp\\; No problems or issues.&nbsp\\; Very simple plug and play device. Very user friendly.

Old 06-05-2008, 08:26 AM
rjgraham
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Howards End

ORIGINAL: jtjt100

i have an 06 street glide with hooker slip ons, stage 1, and power commander, i'm swapping to a 2-1 lsr exhaust, screaming eagle heavy breather, now, the question, should i stick with the power commander or use the vance and hines fuel pack? i already have the fuel pack from another application. i've heard of the power commander just shutting down and if the fuel pack ever quits i can just plug the stock 1 back in and keep riding. i'm getting re-tuned after it is all installed.which is the best way to go? thanks
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;
Very easy if you have the tools............

Old 06-05-2008, 10:54 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

ORIGINAL: Howards End
I would have to say it would be a "2" from the standpoint of difficulty, taking perhaps four beers to complete. (That's about two hours for me.)&nbsp\\; You'll need a normal array of tools, but nothing unusual. There may be a mix of SAE and metric, but I don't recall.&nbsp\\; A torque wrench is necessary for this job.

Mufflers:&nbsp\\; Loosen clamp, pull off old muffler, insert new clamp and muffer, tighten new clamp to 60 lb/ft.&nbsp\\; You can reuse the clamp, but it may not hold well, and HD recommends replacing them when removed.

AC:&nbsp\\; Probably the hardest part of the job, but a matter of just following the directions.&nbsp\\; Don't overtighten bolts/nuts.

PCIII:&nbsp\\; Except for '08 w/ABS, unit fits easily under right side cover on FLH's.&nbsp\\; You unplug the large connector from the ECM, plug it into the PCIII, then the PCIII's connector back into the ECM.&nbsp\\; Using some dielectric grease on the connectors is optional but advisable.&nbsp\\; Wire-tie it in place and you're done.

Old 06-05-2008, 11:56 AM
FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

But, after the bike is fully warmed up, dont forget to hook it up to your lap top and set throttle position or it can throw your whole map out of wack.

Old 06-05-2008, 12:14 PM
huffhuff
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Have 2001 RK with Magnetti-Marelli injection.&nbsp\\; Fuelpak is only for Delphi.

Old 06-05-2008, 12:41 PM
Leftcoaster
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

My '06 Streeter runs great w/PCIII. Picked up 10hp - 10+ lbs/ft with my setup.&nbsp\\;Got poor mileage at first, then spent a couple of dollars on the dyno and voila!! gas mileage returned to 45-50. Power and mileage too - what could be better? Don't know what kind of mpg a&nbsp\\;Fuelpak will get - you might want to&nbsp\\;check it out before you chuck the PCIII. Done some internal motor mods now and the PCIII is still working great (2+ yrs.). Fuelmoto told me that if any tuner burns out it usually does it right away. Seems to be the consensus on this forum also.

Quick Reply: fuel pack or power commander