Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do LED tail lights look metric?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 10:48 PM
Jsans
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do LED tail lights look metric?

Do LED tail lights give Harleys a metric look? If you check out cars, mostly all car brands with LED tails are imported.

Old 06-02-2008, 10:55 PM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Do LED tail lights look metric?

Frankly - who the flip cares?!?!? If yer gonna worry 'bout junk lahk that, sell the bike an' git back into a cage. Ah don't care what others think of mah bike - it's MINE, ah PAID fer it, an' as long as _I_ like it, that's all that matters.

Now...the LED's - one thing ta consider - LED's are strongly directional, no matter WHAT the marketin' hype'll tell ya - that means that ya do NOT git the general illumination of an incadescent lamp, which is why ah will NOT use 'em on any "key" lamp, such as parking/brake - period.

Old 06-02-2008, 10:56 PM
Bluesssman
Elite HDF Member

Who cares what anyone else thinks. If you like them use them.

Old 06-02-2008, 11:37 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

just about all semi trucks and busesare using them now.. harley sells them too as a accesory, there just too damn cheap to have em stock, I love mine

Old 06-03-2008, 05:01 AM
XTrooper3936
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: Jsans

Do LED tail lights give Harleys a metric look?

That's for you to decide, but if they help people to take notice of you, that's all I'd be concerned about.

Old 06-03-2008, 05:41 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

That is funny. I could give a rats **** less if they do or not. All I am worried about is being seen. I have a smoke LED tail and LED clusters in all for corners. The good stuff. Not that Kuryakyn crap that you can barely see. Doesn't even look remotely "metric". Looks damn bright when I get on the binders though.

Old 06-03-2008, 06:41 AM
06flstf
Tourer

Just added HD LED Smoked tail light to my FAtboy and am happy with the visibility. Tried the Kuryakyn smoked lense with the red bulb but was not bright enough. The smoked LED lense with the chrome housing looks great with the lights off and the LED is bright enough to catch the attention of the cager behind me talking on the phone while puting on makup and eating a cheeseburger.

Look like a metric - Don't really care they look good and work.

Old 06-03-2008, 08:17 AM
jamesrgarner
Road Captain

I put the harley led tailight kit on my dyna along with the kit that turned the rear turn signals into running lights. They also had a light kit for theturnsignal mount with led lights for running lights. IMHO it looks good and give a lot of extra visibility.

Old 06-03-2008, 08:22 AM
Chicago Spike
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Fire trucks, squads and cop cars have been using them for years. How you get LED = Metric I will never know.

FACT = LEDs are brighter(with enough LED lamps on the boards ) last far longer and require much less power to run.

I just changed out all the lights on the back of my Road Glide and the trunk. The rear of my bike is very much brighter with the LEDs in all the sockets. It was worth the expense to be betterseen by a car driver that is yapping on the phone.

Old 06-03-2008, 08:35 AM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member

See, that's my dialemma....ah LOVE the LED's - use the LED strobes on the front of the bike - have 'em on the TP an' saddlebags - but if ya go out an' fire off a set of LED lights next ta standard incadescents, then look for the "footprint" of the lights, you'll see a linear illumination of the LED's vs. a "pool" fer the incadescents. An' thar's the rub - iffen ah knew they'd always be in line-of-sight of the LED's, they'd win hands down - but if they ain't, then they git very little observed light from 'em compared ta standard lights. Guess that's why ah mix 'em up - try ta git a bit of both an' take advantage of their unique strengths/weaknesses.....

Quick Reply: Do LED tail lights look metric?