Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

103 kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008 | 08:56 PM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: 103 kit

Got a buddy that got a 07 heritage, I got a Indy 103 build, he got a 103 Harley build. My bike ran circles around him. So he took his bike to my indy dude and had a 103 indy build and was wild about it. Somehow he turned the crank and when he had it torn down he deceided to go back with a 107 build, it was fast as heck, it had 115hp and 126 tq. He rode if for a while and said nobody outrun him. He soon got to wanting something bigger and took the motor out and carried it to Prescott, Az and had Steve at GMR to do a 124 build. He said he has about the same fuel milage as the 107 but a lot more power.
He was stating there was as much as day and nite in the 2 engines.
Just had another buddy that had a 124 build too. I've rode with him. His engine in nice.
Its all about the build and how much money you have for the build and how dependable its put together.
I'm retired and waitin on TM to come out with a new unit for the 08 touring so I can save for a 103 INdy build later on

Old 06-02-2008 | 09:16 PM
ripper43
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: cardboard

Got a buddy that got a 07 heritage, I got a Indy 103 build, he got a 103 Harley build. My bike ran circles around him. So he took his bike to my indy dude and had a 103 indy build and was wild about it. Somehow he turned the crank and when he had it torn down he deceided to go back with a 107 build, it was fast as heck, it had 115hp and 126 tq. He rode if for a while and said nobody outrun him. He soon got to wanting something bigger and took the motor out and carried it to Prescott, Az and had Steve at GMR to do a 124 build. He said he has about the same fuel milage as the 107 but a lot more power.
He was stating there was as much as day and nite in the 2 engines.
Just had another buddy that had a 124 build too. I've rode with him. His engine in nice.
Its all about the build and how much money you have for the build and how dependable its put together.
I'm retired and waitin on TM to come out with a new unit for the 08 touring so I can save for a 103 INdy build later on
It's always about the money ain't it[:@]I think the head job (that don't sound right) will give me all the power I will ever need and still stay reliable and be repairable under the current warranty should anything ever happen (knock on wood)Ilike to tour fairly long distances so reliability is big with me.

I think it is safe to say that what ever osolow does a 103" kit of what ever kind is a better bet, If the money is right.

Old 06-02-2008 | 09:23 PM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member

For a balanced build talk to a head man. Its all about doing a build with the heads machin the pistons and cams. But keep everything at 9.8 or under. You can cool the bike off.
One of the best things I ever did to a bike was a 2in1 pipe , Arlen Ness stage 2 Big sucker air kit and a TM with A/T before a build. This in itself will give you a lot more power.

Old 06-02-2008 | 10:09 PM
ripper43
Outstanding HDF Member

For a balanced build talk to a head man. Its all about doing a build with the heads machin the pistons and cams. But keep everything at 9.8 or under. You can cool the bike off.
One of the best things I ever did to a bike was a 2in1 pipe , Arlen Ness stage 2 Big sucker air kit and a TM with A/T before a build. This in itself will give you a lot more power.
Seriously considering going to a 2 into 1 on my bike (not crazy about the look, I think baggers should have Duels JMHO) not just for the power but for the sound as well. just put a Python on my wife's sportster and man does it sound great.

Old 06-02-2008 | 10:18 PM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: ripper43

Seriously considering going to a 2 into 1 on my bike (not crazy about the look, I think baggers should have Duels JMHO) not just for the power but for the sound as well. just put a Python on my wife's sportster and man does it sound great.
Was with a buddy who just got into motorcycles. I'm gittin him to take a sound video on my Supertrapp pipes I just put on the bike. Trying to git him to git closer, my Lab is running around us and gittin in the way as you can see his tail. Heres how it come out.

http://s171.photobucket.com/albums/u...t=PC070749.flv

Old 06-02-2008 | 10:25 PM
ripper43
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: ripper43

Was with a buddy who just got into motorcycles. I'm gittin him to take a sound video on my Supertrapp pipes I just put on the bike. Trying to git him to git closer, my Lab is running around us and gittin in the way as you can see his tail. Heres how it come out.

http://s171.photobucket.com/albums/u...t=PC070749.flv

That sounds real good. Suppertrapp has always made good quality and good sounding pipes. I might have to consider it.