Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Frog Toggs

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 09:29 PM
zapps
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Frog Toggs

Bought some Frog Togs from Bass Pro Shop this Saturday. They have them in stock and are only $39.95 a set.
Zapps

Old 06-01-2008, 09:38 PM
Tree Man
Cruiser

I bought them a few years ago. They do a good job of keeping you dry. BUT are not very durable. The first year I tore the crotch out of the pants getting on the bike. As someone else said they don't like the hot exhaust pipes very well either. And I agree they pack very well.
With all this said I replaced the toggs with something more durable and have not regretted it.

Old 06-01-2008, 10:01 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

For the price there well worth it.

Old 06-01-2008, 10:10 PM
tcp
Cruiser

Bought 'em, used them a couple times, threw them out and got a good set of rain gear from First Gear. They are too light and the wind is not kind to them. Plus they look funny.....

Old 06-02-2008, 01:09 AM
ctmedic
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

After melting 2 sets of pants in the past 3 years. Damn Left up Pipe I went out and purchased the HD Highlander rain pants. Best $75 buck I spent on rain pants. Durable breathable and lightweight. I wear a switchback jacket with rain liner when I need to.

Frogg Toggs are great untill they melt

Old 06-02-2008, 03:40 AM
artt
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Frogg Toggs are the best rain gear I've used on a motorcycle. They do make you look like the Stay Puft Marshmellow man when your riding but warm and dry in the rain.

Old 06-02-2008, 05:02 AM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

ORIGINAL: mrblister

Got Stearns rain gear separate's at Walmart Sporting goods. They are working well.
X2. They pack down smaller than Frogg Toggs and won't melt on the pipes. I have been wearing mine for over 5 years and still pleased. The rip-stop nylon is way tougher than the stuff Frogg Toggs is made of.

Old 06-02-2008, 06:40 AM
Peppa1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Badbagger.......... Bobby here...... I have a nice HD rainsuit but wanted something lightweight yet still waterproof and just ordered the Frogg Toggs Road Toad suit in the light grey. I haven't had to use it yet but it will work fine. I would recommend some kind of overboot for your boots also. These don't have the stirrup on the pants leg to keep them down (you can always have mama take some elastic and make one) Here's the place I got mine. http://www.thegearlessmachine.com/index.htmlI'm 6'3" and around 210 and bought the XL. THis company will let you send them back if you get the wrong size.

Old 06-02-2008, 07:54 AM
bezoar
Tourer

Just posting for numbers BUT Frogg Toggs are great as others have said.

Old 06-02-2008, 11:35 AM
chiabate
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When I melted my right leg 7 years ago, I just had my local patch stitcher put a piece of denim over the "Ponderosa" and I still have them. No biggie. And take the advice posted here already, Bass Proshops buy so many from them, that nobody can compete with their price. As a dealer, I couldn't buy them by the dozen cheaper than Bass RETAILS them for!

Quick Reply: Frog Toggs