Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What voids a warranty??

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 03:17 PM
Realeme99
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What voids a warranty??

Folks

Does anyone know what the actual rules are about warranty and service. If I miss a scheduled service will my warranty be voided. I try to make them all but at times I am on the road and blow right by the warranties although I do get oil changes. I ahve heard sooooooo many opinions on this that I am not sure what to think.

I am looking for some of those heat shields that mount under the seat to protect ones thighs from getting cooked? I can't find any other than the black leather and stud jobs that are advertised on this site. I do not particularly care for them. I thought I saw some clear lexan ones somewhere in my travels but I can't find them. Does J&P Cyles sell them??

Old 06-01-2008, 03:29 PM
jcbpa
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: What voids a warranty??

Moco sells them, check the big book it's there....

Old 06-01-2008, 03:38 PM
desertdawg
4th Gear

well i cant help you on warranty issues,but i just had my 07 rkc.worked on yesterday.my problems was detonation when the weather was or is hot.here in southeast new mexico,it gets hot.was 105 degrees yesterday.any way i hadthe new race tuner installed,part #32109-08 this is very pricey,but it did cure my detonation problems,however,i did notice a huge difference in engine temperature drop.i to had considered heat shields,i m betting your engine will run cooler with more fuel,i was looking for a way to save my engine from detonation on hot days and got a big bonus,dont need shields just my imput hope it helps

Old 06-01-2008, 03:40 PM
BlackGlide
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try Kuryakyn @ www.kuryakyn.com
They have several different types of heat shields.

Old 06-01-2008, 03:42 PM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

RJ Orignals - Great Looking and Good fit and a member here...
http://www.rjsoriginals.bizland.com/newSelect0010.htm..

Warranty - depends on the Dealer... You can do all your services yourself - All you have to do is keep the reciepts that show (exp - Oil and flter) that shows the date and you just write the mileage on that receipt...

Old 06-01-2008, 04:01 PM
Low_SG_rider
Advanced

The top 5 ways to void your HD warranty
1. trailer hitch, this actually voids your warranty, just a matter of if your dealer notifies Harley to flag your VIN, most don't

2. theft recovery, if your ride is stolen, rather you get it back in better condition that when it left, you warranty is dead

3. frame replacement, this technically voids your warranty, but many dealers overlook that fact due to OEM frames can only be obtained through HD

4. total loss, if you total your ride, even if you buy it back from the insurance your warranty is void.

5. trike it, trikes carry no warranty through HD

You can perform your own services, as long as you have proof, but be aware that if an item fails H-D has the right to deny coverage if they suspect it was due to lack of/incorrect maintenance.

Old 06-02-2008, 01:17 PM
jamesrgarner
Road Captain

I've heard otherwise but not sure, did my true duals & 103 kitvoid my warranty? My dealer said no.

Old 06-02-2008, 05:38 PM
Solitaree1
Road Master

about the warranty, a lot of that depends on your dealer. What I think happens a lot of time is someone is traveling, has a problem, takes it to the nearest dealer and that dealer is looking for anyway to NOT get stuck with warranty work on an out of area bike. Some other dealers are just putzs. The dealer i go to isn't "overly" fussy if you've changed some components around on the scoot, as long as it's not readily apparent they are the indirect or direct cause of the failure.
Clear as mud?