Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The wife's got a bike...

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 06:01 AM
Badbagger
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 323 Likes on 190 Posts
Default The wife's got a bike...

About a month ago the wife expressed an interest in learning to ride. She really enjoys it so we went a shopping around. Started looking at the Rebels, then the Kawasaki's and Suzuki bikes. We looked at Yamaha and I had her sit on a Silverado 650 and she felt it was "too big". Well we shopped and shopped and after sitting on many bikes including mine and some pointers from me, she decided to go with a Silverado 650. I shopped Craigslist extensively and found a 06 with 1446 miles on it with a book of $5080. Seller was looking for $4800. As the saying goes, cash talks and $4200 later, the bikes in the garage. Nice bike and she's stoked. She takes the course next weekend. Her first comments were "this thing's too quiet lol". I've created a monster! I'll get some pics posted of it.

Old 06-01-2008, 06:12 AM
dcc46
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The wife's got a bike...

your lucky , i can't even get my wife on the back of mine , let alone on her own bike.

Old 06-01-2008, 06:20 AM
Chuck1
Road Warrior
Received 88 Likes on 66 Posts

That's great. I bet she is stoked. She will learn a lot at the class but she will count on you afterward. Little time and patience is all ya's need.
My wife has her own bike too and has been riding several years more than me. It's perfect for us.
Best of luck to her!

Old 06-01-2008, 06:23 AM
spirit80
Intermediate

Thats great! My wife does know what color my bike is. Needs some pictures of your ike together.

Old 06-01-2008, 06:25 AM
tmblweed
Road Captain

The metrics are very ok bikes...I didabout 28000 miles between my Suzuki C50 andKawi Vulcan 1600.Debbie at Scootworks in ZebulonNC ( her husband owns the place ) has over 68000 on her 650 I believe.But......let us know when she gets that Harley! BTW, the folks at Scootworks are some of the best at anything to do concerning metric bikes. Check em out.

http://www.scootworks.com/

[IMG]local://upfiles/45502/1B924F7E873347D99EA025F199171E43.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-01-2008, 06:26 AM
winston chopper
Tourer

Thats cool man. My wife says she will never drive one. She loves to ride 2up but is afraid of any thing with clutch and gears! If they make a hydrostatic bike she might try one. Congrats to the wife , have fun.

Old 06-01-2008, 07:14 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,358 Likes on 2,536 Posts

ORIGINAL: winston chopper

Thats cool man. My wife says she will never drive one. She loves to ride 2up but is afraid of any thing with clutch and gears! If they make a hydrostatic bike she might try one. Congrats to the wife , have fun.
they do. look at ridley bikes. they have some small bikes for short folks, but they also have full sized bikes too. with automatic transmissions.

Old 06-01-2008, 07:23 AM
Fishermanbb
Advanced

My wife went from her first bike - a 750 shadow - which she had less than a year....To an 1100 shadow....when, during the first year we rented HD's in Vegas.....She had the 1100 a little over a year.....You can see from my sig. what that Vegas rental did......

Old 06-01-2008, 07:24 AM
cdem02
Advanced

My wife just picked up a new v-star silverado too. She has been riding for a couple years on a blast. It is a real nice ride and smooth. I've said for a couple years that Harley is missing the boat by not coming out with a 650ish motorcycle built to fit the smaller frame men and women. This silverado is exactly what they should be building and stop trying to make top heavy sportsters fit 5'2" women that tend to be shy when first starting out riding. The 650 is not a big step up from the rebel which they use in the msf class, its easy to handle, comes with a windshield, saddlebags, and floorboards, but my wifes biggest complaint was that it feels weird with her on the yamaha and me on the harley. I told her should could still where her harley jacket lol.

Chuck

Old 06-01-2008, 07:25 AM
sweetpeaches
Novice

i'm a new biker too...rode with dh for a few months but then wanted in on the fun! and besides i'm 50 and that's when live begins, right? lol...i sat on many a bike and ended up getting the deluxe..which i love. must admit i thot it was "a little big" (i'm 5'6) but it's all in the mind. i'm feeling better on her everyday! will be taking the msf course the end of june, altho hubby has me practicing all ready. i wish you and your wife many happy miles together!

Quick Reply: The wife's got a bike...