Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A question for those of you who traded up to a bagger.

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008 | 08:46 PM
rockdoc
Tourer
Default RE: A question for those of you who traded up to a bagger.

I traded by FXDBI in last year on an '08 Street Glide - I got about $1k less than what I paid for the Dyna. I was ok with that - could have probably done better than that if I had argued more.

Old 06-05-2008 | 09:04 PM
Shoe
Cruiser

If you can do it, then do it.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I wish I had the money to throw around to trade in a &gt\\;\\\\\\;$15K bike that was a year old to get another &gt\\;\\\\\\;$20K bike.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; But if you can, all the power to you....
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
BTW, taking only a $5K hit is good.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I'm suprised he offered that much considering how the market is.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Whatever your decision, I wish you luck!!
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Take Care,
Dave

Old 06-09-2008 | 05:57 AM
Kawboy40
|
Advanced

Well I know this is a 180 for me, but I am going to put&nbsp\\;my 07&nbsp

Last edited by Kawboy40; 07-17-2013 at 05:29 PM.
Old 06-09-2008 | 11:37 AM
dubblist
Tourer

Saturday the dealer said they'd give me $9.5 on my Dyna but would sell on consignment for $14k. After fee's and stuff I'd prob walk out with $12.5 on my trade which to me isnt bad. They had the bike I wanted and even pulle dit up into the cubical I was at with the rep. Bastards!..lol. But I ended up walking away from it wanting to wait and put more down in a couple months. It was hard though, even the wife was ready to roll out on the new wheels.

Old 06-11-2008 | 12:31 PM
garyhendley
Outstanding HDF Member

trading up to a bagger was the best thing i ever did

Old 08-20-2008 | 07:04 AM
Brubry
Novice

I 'd rather buy/sell private party. Although I was still sick about taking what I did for my FXDWG last, considering what I had into it, it was still more than I'd have gotten from a dealer. O'well, I guess the private party I got my road glide from had way more into it than what he took too.

Old 08-20-2008 | 05:55 PM
BigGstreetglide
Novice

i was in a simular situation about 5 months ago. i bought my first bike a Nightster. and when i figured out how much i loved to ride and that my wife liked to ride to i was looking to trade a bike i had only had for 3 months. i took about a thousand hit. i ended up getting a 08 SG for around 21,000. they really worked hard i fel to get the deal done. i only had to bring 1200 to the table plus the Nightster. they even gave me gas money to get me there to trade. OH and i love the bike y wife likes it too.

Old 08-20-2008 | 07:09 PM
Harley Pete
4th Gear

If you can sell it your self that is the best deal, however, sometimes that is hard to do. If not, bite the bullet and trade it in. You will be more than happy with the bagger.

Old 08-20-2008 | 07:21 PM
SpiderPig
Outstanding HDF Member

Kept my softail when I bought my 06 Ultra from a private party back in December last year. Haven't started the Softail since.....

Old 08-20-2008 | 07:21 PM
Cloud09King
Road Warrior

Put it for sale on cycletrader. I bought an '07 FXDC last year for $13K & just sold it for $15K last week to buy a Road King Classic. The stealers wanted to give me $9K for it! LOL! I also had $7K worth of accessories into it too, but I knew that I was never going to get that money back anyway. Your ALWAYS going to get more money back selling it privately. Put it on cycletrader & see what happens...it took me a month & a half to get a buyer, but I finally got what I wanted for it & now have the bike of my dreams!!! As for buying a bagger, once you ride one you won't wanna ride anything else!

Quick Reply: A question for those of you who traded up to a bagger.