Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A question for those of you who traded up to a bagger.

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2008 | 07:38 PM
Willy G.
Road Captain
Default RE: A question for those of you who traded up to a bagger.

Go for 2 !!! It's always good to havea back up. ***** G.

Old 05-31-2008 | 07:46 PM
SpeedsterX
Elite HDF Member

Got 13,000 trade-in for my 2006 Deuce with low miles for my '08 SG. That's a 5G hit I took but I know I'll have this bike many years!! I'm happy.

Old 05-31-2008 | 07:52 PM
kjmorgan
Road Captain

Seems low to me. I got over $8,000 for a 2007 XL1200C back in February and it was pretty stock. But I also agree with some other posters - if that's the best you feel you can do in today's market, make the trade and get your bagger. Once you're thinking seriously about it that means you want one and believe me, you won't stop thinking and rationalizing about it. I traded up to a 2008 Street Glide and I absolutely LOVE it!

Old 05-31-2008 | 08:33 PM
jag1886
Elite HDF Member

If you don't want to dick around selling it yourself then you have to take it in the shorts by trading it in. Myself I would dick around selling it myself because I'm not made of money.

Old 05-31-2008 | 09:24 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member

I don't know your situation, but I do know you will love the Street Glide.

I traded my '07 Fat Boy in and took a big hit money wise, but man do I love this new bike.
It almost makes me forget about loosing so much money. LOL

Old 05-31-2008 | 09:36 PM
Live2Ride
Banned Camp

I traded a '08 Softail Custom that I bought in August for my '08 Road King Classic. I took a little bit of a hit. I got about $3k less than what I paid. I also had a lot of money in accessories on it (2-into1 exhaust, Thundermax w/autotune, twisted sissy bar, twisted luggage rack, HD detachable saddlebags, Wild 1 12.5" apes, Windvest windshield, Wimmer aircleaner, HD retro seat, powder coated trees and lowers). So yea, I lost money, but I definitely WON in the deal. I already have as many miles on my Road King, which is almost 2 months old,as I had on the Softail when I traded it. I absolutely LOVE this bike! I don't regret trading the Softail one bit. I've always loved riding, but I definitely fell in love with riding all over again. If you want to move up to a touring bike, do it and don't look back. You more than likely won't regret it. If you're still a bit unsure, see if you can rent a model you're interested in, or take one out on a demo day.

Old 05-31-2008 | 09:53 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member

I would buy the 08 and sell, not trade the 07. You`ll be glad ya did it!

Old 05-31-2008 | 09:56 PM
FXSTDSE2
Outstanding HDF Member

I'm with ***** G! I don't know how much riding you do but on the morning of the run to the wall 5:30AM I hit the switch and nothing! (Stator blew) Pulled the cover off the the spare, unpluged the tender and to DC I went! Start high, Someone will fall in love with your bike and will give you more than the dealer will and they willbe just as happy as you will be when you are cruising withyour new bagger!

Old 06-01-2008 | 12:36 AM
OldPhat
Elite HDF Member

My Old LowRider was paid for.

Old 06-01-2008 | 08:43 AM
Ultra007
Tourer

I'll give ya a head scratcher. I traded a 2006 Buell Blast in on my 2007 Ultra in 2006! Was a first at the dealership at least. Got a lot of chuckles.
I payed $3000 at one dealership for the Buell, 3 months later I got $3500 on trade for it.
The Buell was a "fleet bike" used in the safety class. I had bought it for my wife to learn on. She then kidnapped my Heritage so I traded her Buell on my new Ultra. I told her I would do it, she didn't believe me, I called her bluff, I did it. I was SO proud of how I got over on her, laughing amongst my friends on how I worked the situation to MY advantage. I AM KING OF MY CASTLE!
Until my best friend's wife, a SG owner, pointed out to all of us chest beating males that my wife actually worked the situation much better.
She worked ME into getting rid of that beginner bike, she has a totally awesome chromed out, screamin' Heritage, and I payed for all of it. Now who's the fool! LMAO
All of my buddies then left me and were over checking out my wife's free ride and laughing at me. WTF??
I love that woman! LOL

U

Quick Reply: A question for those of you who traded up to a bagger.